the dangerous game

"she wasn't looking for a knight, she was looking for a sword"

281 AC, Oldtown

She hated wearing corsets and one-piece dresses with big skirts though she had to while she resided in the capital and Dragonstone but since all of her problems has ended and she was at home, she returned to her old gowns.

She was wearing an off-shoulders top that barely covered her back but had long and puffy sleeves. There were only the laces that she tied in the middle of her back, up and down were all bare, her skin was shining as she walked in the halls of the castle, trying to reach the council room. The top was dark creamed coloured with golden rose embodiments on it. And her skirt was dark green, at her back starting from her waist but on top it reached to her belly, attached to her top with a big seven-pointed-star brooch, making the skirt look longer on the back and her green shoes visible.

She was wearing simple but rather big golden earrings with a black pearl necklace that had three chains, her rings, as usual, were on her fingers and she was not wearing any crowns or headpieces. Her blonde hair was looking darker today and her braided waves were falling to her waist, looking a bit puffy too, making her look even more beautiful with her dark lipstick and black eyeliner pencil inside of her eyes.

"What?", she asked when she entered the room and saw the nervous faces of her council members. "What happened this time?"

"Why do you always ask what happened?", Alerie asked.

Her silver-gold hair was tied back on the front with the ends curled, and before her ears, a few loose curled string was falling. She was wearing a triangle-shaped diamond tiara with a matching set of earrings and a necklace. Wearing a light silver dress with pearls on top of it. Looking like a queen and Mace, this time was sitting next to her.

"Because something happens every day.", she answered with a hint of a smile but when no one answered she rolled her eyes and sat in her chair.

"We've been thinking, my lady.", Kevan said. "About your marriage."

"My what?", her neck snapped in his direction with a visible shock, when he swallowed instead of answering her, she turned to Alerie with widened eyes "My what?"

"Didn't my father tell you?", she asked with an almost accusing tone. "He decided it is finally your time to get married and asked us to make a list to present to you."

"He didn't tell me such a thing.", she said, voice filled with realization.

"I am not surprised.", Alerie gave her breath through her nose. "You do not talk."

"We talk every day.", she didn't let her face fall. "We just had breakfast together and he didn't tell me such a thing."

"You two talk, yes, but do not talk.", she answered kindly though her face was filled with annoyance. "He asked me to approve the names the council had decided and I did. I trust my list a lot."

"I do not wish to marry.", she shook her head. "I'll talk to your father-"

"Maybe start referring him as your brother and not my father.", she lifted her hand as a gesture. "It might be a good start."

"Well he feels more like your father than my brother at the moment.", she was starting to get angry. "He cannot force me to marry.", she scoffed. "I have no idea where this came from."

"We've been discussing it for like five years, I think it is very clear where it came from.", Alerie was not going to stay quiet despite Baelor's eye warnings. "You shouldn't have said 'yes' to Lord Celtigar."