the icarus

"if you think there's good in everybody; you haven't met everybody"

281 AC, Dragonstone

"You can kneel.", Rhaegar ordered in front of his seat, he was standing and holding his sword by its hilt, its pointy end was touching the floor. At the back of his seat; there were Arthur and Oswell on the left, Elia and Jon on the right and the entire hall was filled with nobles all around.

Gregor Clegane kneeled in front of the silver prince and Rhaegar walked towards him, dragging the end of his sword on the floor, there was no expression on his face. He raised his sword and placed it on his left shoulder.

"In the name of the Warrior, I charge you to be brave.", then he placed it on his right shoulder. "In the name of the Father, I charge you to be just.", he placed it on his left once more. "In the name of the Mother, I charge you to protect the innocent,", Arthur turned his head away. Rhaegar moved his sword to his right shoulder. "In the name of the Maiden, I charge you to defend the weak.", to his left again. "In the name of the Smith, I charge you, to be honest in your labor.", to his right. "In the name of the Crone, I charge you to be wise.", and finally he placed the point of his sword to his forehead. "In the name of the Stranger, I charge you to be the shield between the lies and the truth.", when it all was done, he pulled his sword back and placed its point on the floor again. "Arise, Ser Gregor Clegane, a knight of the Westerlands."

"I do not like him.", Ashara whispered towards Atera. "I do not like the way he looks at Elia. I do not believe even for one second that he didn't have anything to do with the incident."

"Do not worry,", Atera said coldly without any expression, his entire focus on the giant of the man. "his end will be far worse than that poor servant's. I can feel it."

*

They moved to the courtyard afterwards, there was a man who was sitting on his knees, shaking.

The head of the guards.

"Why are we here my love?", Elia asked with a frown and a fake smile. "Why is he here?"

"He is the traitor amongst us.", Rhaegar answered with a poker face. "He is responsible for Rhaenys' kidnapping and your attack."

"You don't know that.", she said with surprise. "We do not have proof for that."

"I do not need proof to punish people.", Rhaegar answered her calmly. "Whether he is openly involved with the schemes or not, it is the neglect of his duties that caused all of these tragedies in my family. There will be a consequence of this act.", his friends were watching him with a frown.

He ordered just a day ago that people who actually were involved with it should not go punished. This was unexpected for all of them. Arthur took a step towards the couple to control the situation.

"Your grace,", he interfered. "perhaps we should talk about this in privacy?", he offered. Rhaegar was not being rational right now and his entire court was watching them.

"There is no need to talk.", Rhaegar dismissed him. "This is going to be a loud and clear message to any who would dare to harm my family.", he turned to Arthur. "Take his head off."

"What?", first the silence came, his ear rang and then he finally found the strength to ask.

"Take his head off.", Rhaegar said again, pressing every word.

"I am not your executioner.", Arthur hissed in such a way that basically froze the air between them, his voice echoed in the silence, carried away with the winds and the waves.