the wedding

"this looks like the end of the story; but it isn't"

20th day of the 12th moon, 279 AC, King's Landing

He was walking with a straight spine and a mysterious smirk in his lips. Wearing all black leather with a dark navy doublet, as usual, a sword was hanging from his hips and his jet black hair was messy as usual.

Nobody would have take him for a Velaryon if they didn't know it.

Jacaerys, or Jace as he wanted to be called, was the middle child of Lord Lucerys, he was dasingly handsome in his twenties and favoured his mother's Celtigar and his grandmother's striking Dayne looks. Had blue eyes and straight hair, he wore a short stubble beard, always wore dark and flirted with everything and everyone. He was away too long, some whispered his father sent him away others whispered he was simply sick of his brother, Corlys, the perfect son.

Corlys was a Valyrian through and through, he got their father's and grandfather's Velaryon looks alongside with their grandmother's little Targaryen ones. He was a good commander, not bad soldier and jouster, and absolutely scheming, plotting, traitorous piece of shit -to Jace.

Aurane was the baby and the angel of the family. He was a good sailor, a good captain he could be, he had a charming personality and warm personality, when these mixed with a sharp intelligence, it was easy for him to survive in Aerys' court. Especially now that Lucerys kept Aurane with him allday, everyday.

Some people thought he was going to disinherit both Corlys and Jace in favour of Aurane.

Jace wouldn't mind it though. He loved the sea and adventures, gold and adrenaline, women and rum. When he was a child he wanted to be a pirate, when he grow up, Lucerys forbade him to use that word but Jace was that all but in name. And of course except the raiding villages part -though he did that once and enjoyed it.

Aurane would be a better ruler for Driftmark and better ally for Rhaegar than both Corlys and Jace could ever be. Both made crucial mistakes, both had serious scandals and allegations to their names and Lucerys was disappointed at both. Jace knew the whispers were real to a degree, Lucerys did threaten them using Aurane. Corlys had to get a grip, he married with Ravella, had a child and Lucerys barely started to treat him like a son. Jace left a betroth at home and sailed away, he now wondered what would be Lucerys' reaction.

He knew Aurane would be happy. Jace loved Aurane like a true-brother, more than that actually. He and Corlys never saw eye to eye the way Lucerys and Aethan never did, they had different personalities, different interests, they just never got alone well. Despite all, Jace knew that Corlys loved Aurane too, in his own sick way, the way he loved Jace deep down too.

He was just terrible at showing it.

When he moved to the wing that the small council members stayed with their families, he saw a few familiar faces. Some bowed their head a little to greet him, some turned their head away with anger and the Velaryon soldiers in front of his father's door straightened their backs.

"Tell my father I am here."

*

She was wearing a simple blue dress with v-neck, light hanging sleeves and a glorious diamon belt on her waist. There were small diamond embodiment on her shoulders too, her hair was mostly straight, only curled at the end and she was wearing a very simple diamond circlet around her head and no other jewelries.

The wedding was going to happen a little more than a week later and everybody were slowly coming to the capital to not to miss the royal wedding. Elia's own parents arrived in the early morning, Lorenza and Aethan still refusing to speak to her.