~30~

George's pov

I sit on a bench on campus with my airpods in playing music to distract me from everything that's happening so I can get these stupid papers in and not fail all my classes in the first semester.

My laptop is at clays dorm so I haven't been able to send any of the papers in yet, nick said if I wanted it, I'd have to get it myself and that he wasn't getting it for me.

Clay said he'd help me with these papers because he's better at this sort of stuff but now I have to do them alone and I know they're bad.

When im done I stand and walk back to my dorm, but before I open the door I look across the hall to clay and nicks dorm.

I should just get my laptop now, I think clay has a class now anyway so I won't bump into him.

I make my way to nick and clays dorm, then knock on the door.

"I'll be there in a second" I hear clays voice, shit, it must've been nick that has a class now and not clay, I turn around to quickly leave.

No stop, I need my laptop.

The door opens, I turn around, immediately met by clay, i met his eye, because as much as it hurts, I don't want to look that stupid, he looks horrible, like he hasn't slept in days.

"George" he says quietly, "I'm sorry, I need my laptop" I say, "oh...right, come in" he says opening the door, I step in and look around the now cleaner dorm room then last time I was here.

I walk to clays bedroom, looking back at clay for permission to enter his room before i actually do, "you dont need to ask george" he says, I turn away and open the door, his rooms a mess, "does nick have a class?" I ask, "no, he's just out with karl I think" clay answers as I look around for my laptop.

"It was me who had a class george, I wouldn't of been here if I decided to go to the class" he sighs.

he's been skipping classes too, "oh..ok" I answer, finally finding my laptop on clays desk, covered in unwanted clothes and paper.

I pick it up and walk out of clays room, stopping to look at clay standing by a heater.

I'm about to say something when I notice him looking at the hoodie I'm wearing, that's because it's his hoodie I'm wearing, because I can't fucking take it off.

"I'm sorry-I mean thank you, bye" I say and leave quickly before clay can say anything.