𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

Warning: First of all, thanks for reading. English is not my first language so there may be some mistakes. There are some swearing words along with sexual words and scenes. I might make some mistakes because I tried to research everything before writing, but some things are hard to find (I accept any help you can give me tho).

Every character and name are merely representative and I do not mean to insult anyone, but someone will be the villain (or not) so if it's your idol I'm sorry. Some family names/birthdays are made up because there are pieces of information that are, obviously, not made public. Some wins/dates might be changed to better fit the story. Some facts and results may be changed to better fit the story.

-

♪ I'm not bullet proof when it comes to you
Don't know what to say when you made me the enemy ♪

July 10th, 2022 - Austria

Fernando Alonso POV

I was doing the interviews post-race. It was not my best result but it's still 10th. As soon as I am done with it, I see Cassandra entering the media center with Lance and she laughs when she sees me.

"That was pretty good uh? I was hoping you would be on 11th once again" She says with a hint of irony in her voice.

"You shouldn't be rooting against a driver from your own country" I clap back and she laughs once again.

"I'm sorry about that. Miami will be better" She says when Carlos stops by her side and he nods.

"Thank you chiquitita" He says smiling at her and continuing his path.

"See? I root for someone from my country, it's just not you. I will see you around, or not" She says heading inside and I go into Alpine.

"Congratulations" I say as I find Ocon and he smiles.

"Thank you, I hope you will adjust a bit better to the car" He says as we entered the motorhome.

"Time will tell, maybe it's not the right car for me. I still don't know" I say heading to my room.

"I will see you in the garage"

I entered my room and took a quick shower before changing and going to the garage. Today would be a late one, they wanted more from me but with this car, I don't know if there's much I can give them. There is a lot to be improved and I don't feel like I'm being heard. Few people were left until it was time to clear out. I saw Cassandra coming close to the garage and I stood in front of her.

"You can't get in, you know that" I say almost bored and she rolls her eyes.

"Give me 5 minutes. Please" She begs and I am surprised. I didn't know that word was in her dictionary.

"I will call Luís for you" I say looking for her boyfriend, one of the engineers and she shakes her head.

"He won't come, he is ignoring my calls and he is always stuck in the garage because he knows you wouldn't let me in. Esteban already tried to tell him to talk to me for weeks" She says as my eyes focused on hers.

"You broke up?" I ask surprised. They have been together for a year but I didn't see many problems.

"Yeah, it wasn't working. I just want to get my car back. He is been withholding my keys. I want to go home on summer break and I want to use my car" She says clearly angry.

"Come with me" I say taking a step to the side and she enters the garage.

"Give me my keys. That car is mine and you know it" She says and I was a few steps away from them to keep my distance.

"I will call Fernando and you will be kicked out of here in seconds. Are you risking your job for a stupid car?" He says leaving what he was doing in the car and taking a step in her direction.

"I would lose my job because of being here? Come on. You say I am sleeping with half the guys here and you think I would be fired that easily" She says laughing at his stupidity, I try not to laugh too but I smirk.

"That's because I know for a fact that he is the only one who doesn't fall for your games. He hates you as much as everyone should" He says taking another step and I do the same to make sure he didn't touch her.

"Give me my keys!" She demands furiously and he laughs.

"Give her the keys Luís" I say getting closer and he finally notices my presence, taking a few steps back until he almost trips on the car.

"I- I will go get them" He says leaving for his backpack and I nod as I watched.

"He accused of sleeping around?" I ask curiously and she nods.

"Yeah, women can't have guy friends in his world. I don't know how he thought I did my job because most people who work in F1 are guys" She says letting out a laugh.

"Here you go" He says giving her the keys to her Aston Martin and she nods.

"Thank you. Adiós" She says turning around to leave the garage.

"I will see you in France"

"Thank you for helping me. I will remember it next time you are out of the points" She says and we both laugh.

"I will take it" I say and watch her leave.

"Don't fall for it" I hear Luís say and I look at him crossing my arms.

"For what?" I ask curiously.

"She is not that good. She likes to be all friendly but she is only waiting to see if one of the rich guys chooses her. It was clear from the beginning. She won't find nobody to deal with her with this shitty personality" He says as he went back to work on the car.

"Do you think she wants someone rich? She makes 60K a year and lives in Spain where most people do 27K" I say skeptical of his theory. She is a bit of a bitch but she never stroke me as a gold digger.

"I know you are not a problem, you are probably the only one who sees through her. She really thinks she can get someone better after me, she needs to change a lot of things for that to happen" He says focused on the work and I shake my head.

"Do you really think someone like Cassandra has problems getting a man? You must be blind, she could get any guy she wanted" Esteban says as he was passing by us and I laugh. "Except you" He adds laughing and I nod.

"That seems about right" I say walking with him side by side.

"Her problem is keeping them. Try to deal with her for days and days on end" Luís mutters but we hear it.

"You knew they had broken up?" I ask as we walked to the parking lot.

"Yeah, Lance told me. I think he is an asshole, he was always trying to control her, he wanted to know where she was at every second of the day. We would go to parties or dinners and he would be calling like a maniac. He is just a jealous man, he couldn't handle that she was younger and had a social life" Esteban says shrugging.

"He seems like an asshole" I say agreeing with him.

"He is insecure. He is 40, she is almost 30, she deserves way better than him, everyone warned her"

"Hey! I am 40 and I am not insecure" I say almost insulted and he laughs.

"You are 40 and you are in better shape than most 20-year-olds. He isn't. That is the difference, you also have a lot to feel accomplished about. He had nothing to his name" He says as we enter the parking lot.

"That seems about right. I will see you around" I say as we both opened our cars.

This years is turning out to be pretty interesting.