𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

♫ I want you, I know you're not an angel, not you
Oh, (just) save it, don't waste your time ♫

Cassandra García POV

I took a shower in Fernando's bathroom. Who would've wondered if I would be here for a second time as soon as the summer break ended? Me. I would've never believed it, and here I am. Losing my dignity with every minute that went by, I saw the shirt he left for me to wear and I put it on, it was longer than expected since he is not that tall but it was enough for me not to need underwear so that is enough.

"Did he ever hurt you before?" Fernando asks as he gets out of the bathroom in just his boxers and I shake my head.

"He wouldn't dare, I would send him back crying to his mother's arms, fucking pussy," I say angrily and he laughs.

"You were so busy avoiding me and running from me that you even forgot to do the same to him, he is a bigger problem than me," he says with some amusement and I laugh.

"Should've just run from anyone whose dick I've ever seen before. Which would be two people from the same team, that is weird," I say as I think about the words that left my mouth.

"I will be on your team in a few months so I wouldn't worry about it," he says calmly and I see him looking for a blanket in the closet.

"Why Aston?" I ask curiously and he shrugs.

"Anything is better than Alpine if I am being honest. Maybe not Haas, Williams, or Alfa Romeo but Aston's plans are good for next year, I think I will do better in that car. I don't feel confident in the Alpine," he confesses and I nod.

"Was I on the cons or on the pros?" I ask teasingly and he laughs.

"Both. You are hard to handle but you are pretty funny so it was hard to catalogue you," he says as he smiles.

"Well, I seriously considered leaving the team for a whole minute when I found out, it was a tense minute," I say before we both laugh.

"Well, you should get some rest, tomorrow will be tense," he says and I nod.

"Nando, come here, we are past the couch thing. I've seen everything, there is no point in pretending we are waiting until marriage," I joke and he laughs before looking up at me.

"You want me there?" He was making sure I wouldn't put this on him, he knows I would find a way to blame him for sleeping here.

"Yeah, I don't feel comfortable with you sleeping there," I say and he nods as he leaves the blanket still folded on the couch and comes to the bed.

"That is my side," he says as he looks to where I was.

"It's mine now, deal with it," I say as I put my phone charging by the bedside table.

"That's my charger, what's the excuse now?"

"You are a gentleman, bebé," I retort back and he nods as he chuckles.

"You are fucking impossible cariño. Good night Cassie," he says as he turns the light on his side off and I do the same.

I turn to him and kiss his cheek before laying my head on the curve of his neck, he smells good, and I like whatever product he is using. I felt his arm surrounding my waist and he kissed my forehead.

Okay, this might've felt good. I don't want to feel good in his arms but I do. I ran away from his bed last time, I guess I got self-conscious. After hours of sex, I wondered what we were doing once I was over the whole thrill. What if we are risking our careers?

Like, I know he won't get fired but I might. I might fall in love and if this ends badly someone will have to go because we would be on the same team, I don't want to lose everything I've built while losing him.

It took me a while to fall asleep because of the worries in my head. I woke up on top of him, his hand on my ass, other hand on my hair and he slept peacefully like there wasn't a single weight on top of me. But I am a grown woman and I am on top of him indeed.

I tried to move slowly but his arms moved to my back and he hugged me before kissing my cheek.

"You were trying to run again? Jesus, you really like the walk of shame, even if nothing was done," he jokes and I do my best not to laugh.

"Why? Are you the type that would give me breakfast in the bed?" I ask as I finally am able to sit on the free side of the bed.

"I am, I would've definitely done it if you hadn't run from me like I had COVID," he says as he sits down and stretches.

"You can pay for my breakfast today," I say as I stand up and he nods.

"Fine by me, do we stop by your room so you can get a new shirt? The one from yesterday is a bit wrinkled," he suggests and I nod.

Why are we acting like this is normal? He went into the bathroom and changed first, I put on the same clothes from yesterday and he accompanied me to my room where I just changed all of my clothes before going with him to the paddock.

Which was not smart because people definitely saw us leaving the hotel together, in the same car, and having breakfast in the Aston Martin's hospitality. He will be part of the team, there is nothing wrong with that.

"This looks good! Making peace before being colleagues?" Lawrence asks happily and I see Sebastian by his side with an I-told-you smile.

"Definitely trying that, not working though," I say before I take a sip of my orange juice.

"Do I need a Human Resources formulary for you two?" He asks and I almost choke on the juice and Fernando just laughs.

"Would that be necessary?" Fernando asks definitely entertained.

"If you two are romantically involved, yes," he says and Fernando looks at me.

"No, thank you, Lawrence. I will keep my status as single, but thank you for the preoccupation," I say sarcastically and he shrugs.

"You are welcome, I will see you in a bit," he says before leaving.

"Love the whole vibe," Sebastian says before following Lawrence.

"That was awkward," Fernando says before taking a sip of his coffee and I nod.

"Fucking tense, is Lawrence crazy? I think Sebastian had the idea to provoke us," I suggest and he quickly agrees.