𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4

♪ We're only alive if we bruise
So I lay down this armor ♪

Cassandra García POV

"That was a very interesting talk" Lance says as we were finally done with everything. I was relaxing in his room while he changed in the bathroom.

"What was interesting about it?" I ask putting down my phone and I hear him laugh.

"Cariño. Bebé. Those nicknames are still going strong. When are you two going to stop bickering with each other? You would be a pretty good couple" He says while getting out of the bathroom.

"Stop with that, you know damn well that we aren't even friends, much less a couple" I say laughing.

"Bullshit, you are friends in your own way" He says indifferently. "Can you come to the party tonight? Esteban wants you to come"

"I am going, can I go with you? Would you mind giving me a ride?" I ask while leaving the room with him and he nods.

"I will call you after dinner and we can go together" He says as we walked to the parking lot.

"You are looking good. Looking for a boyfriend tonight?" He asks while looking me up and down and I chuckle.

 Looking for a boyfriend tonight?" He asks while looking me up and down and I chuckle

"Who knows?" I ask trying to maintain some mystery.

"Let's go. Esteban says Elena was waiting for your arrival. How are you so popular?" He asks as we headed to his rental and I shrug.

"I am a very friendly person, you know it"

"You are friendly to whom you want to be friendly. You better be nice to Alonso" He is driving but I still burst out laughing.

"You know that I am not going to be nice to him, he isn't nice to me. I already told him he did a good job, he was more than lucky" I answer back when I am done laughing at his joke.

"Don't be an asshole" He says as he parked his car.

We entered the nightclub and too many people were there. I ran to hug Elena who quickly hugged me back.

"You look so gorgeous! By the way, what is happening? I saw the video on F1's page of you congratulating Alonso on the media pen. Are you two finally friends?" She asks curiously as she led me to the bartender.

"Yeah, no. It's our way of teasing each other. Everyone should know it by now," I interrupt myself to ask for a drink and that's when I stop to think "Wait. That was where?"

"On F1's Instagram page, they were joking about you and Fernando finally being in peace. Everyone knows about your sarcastic and pretty funny rivalry" She says nonchalantly and I am shocked that our videos have once again been posted.

"That is something I didn't know. I will have to have a talk with the administrators and see if they want me to air out their dirty laundry too," I chuckle as the words leave my mouth and so does she.

"Good evening ladies," I hear Fernando's voice and I don't even look up.

"Hello Nando, how are you?" Elena turns around to give him a quick hug while I looked at my glass.

"Couldn't be better. I should go, I am obviously interrupting, have a good night," he says and I knew he was referring to me.

"Enjoy it before it's time to go to bed," I meant to mock his age and he laughs.

"We both know I can deal with late nights, my age is just a number cariño," he smirks and I roll my eyes as he leaves.

"You two are good for each other. Jesus Christ, the chemistry," Elena says impressed and I make a gagging sound.

"Please, don't," I beg her to save myself some unwanted images in my head. Fernando and me? Never!

We finally got into dancing, and between dances, I also met a few guys. All of them gave me the creeps. Why are men nowadays so awkward and creepy? Like who tries to take my phone from my hands to give me his number? No, gracias.

"Nobody is taking the bait?" I hear Luis' voice and I turn around to look him dead in the eyes and show him a smirk.

"Are you that butthurt just because I left you? Or is it because I brought your childhood idol into it?" I was provoking him and I knew it could end badly because I am not very physically strong and he is a man, he is stronger than me, especially with all the hard work he does as a mechanic.

"Keep Fernando out of your mouth for once, I am fucking glad someone can see through that façade of yours," he says bitterly.

"Baby, get one thing inside that little head of yours. I could fuck any man I want, I, unfortunately, chose you, but I could very well choose Fernando and he would let me. It's not all black and white, do you really think he wouldn't fuck me? Do you think I can't find better than you? Humble yourself, I'm surrounded by men who are better than you every single fucking day."

My anger got the best of me because I knew damn well Fernando would never even kiss me so I know I couldn't fuck him even if I made the attempt for it. I am not his type, I know it and I don't care but I also knew he idolized Fernando and this would hit him where it hurts.

"We both know that Fernando would never give you the time of the day, he hates your guts as he should," he retorts back angrily and I look around for Fernando. Why is he gone in moments like this? He is like a ghost when I need him but when I don't care about him he is everywhere!

"If Fernando was here I would show you how I can have any man I want. Fucking asshole," I say confidently, he will never know. Luís would never tell him about this conversation.

"He is right there," he says pointing to my left, I squint my eyes and insult myself for not seeing a very happy Fernando Alonso while he talked to Esteban and Lance. Oh, God.

Now it's too late to back down. Or is it? I drank the rest of my drink like it was a shot and darted in Fernando's direction. What's the worse that could happen?