𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 22

♪ Was it a wasted couple months?
Sneaking outta the window, spending nights in limbo ♪

Cassandra García POV

"Okay, this is surprising. Is this your last attempt at a manifestation against working together?" He asks jokingly, and everyone laughs; he is in for a ride.

"Hm... We wanted to tell you something before we renovate my contract due to the salary raise," I say, and I see his surprise followed by nervousness.

"You are not going to quit because of Fernando, right?" His nervousness made Fernando chuckle, and I just gulped nervously.

"I am having a kid next year, so I understand it might be a risk to raise my salary now," it came out weird, but it is what it is. The more time I had to think about it, the worse it was.

"You are pregnant? Well, that is indeed something to think about. You won't be able to raise a kid and work. According to the law in the UK, you have almost a year of maternity leave. I would gladly give you the raise, but you can take a leave for as long as you need. Congratulations!" He was disappointed, but his happiness made me smile as he got up and went around the table to hug me.

"I know the contract is based in the UK and their laws, but I won't use all my maternity leave. I must take two weeks; I will take the weeks I need. I can't tell you when I will be back at work. But I will always be around," I explain, and he nods, looking at Fernando confusedly.

"I expected Lance or Sebastian to be here for moral support. Besides, how far along are you? When are you expected to have the kid? We will work around it; you are a valuable member," he is supportive, and I am getting ready to drop the bomb.

"I am due in the middle of May if everything goes according to plan. Fernando is here because he is the father; that's another thing we wanted to tell you before rumors start," I watched as his jaw dropped, and he was speechless for almost 2 minutes; it was tense.

"Oh. You are having a baby together. Well, that is indeed unexpected. Congratulations to both!" The shock still hasn't left his body.

"We are doing the gender reveal on Saturday; I would love it for you to come. I will step away from the team if me and Fernando having the baby together will bring complications, but we have some plans for the future that involve me being in the paddock and living with him on the European races; we have it all figured out for after the baby is born," I explain calmly, and he nods.

"No! Don't leave the team! We will just do an HR form to inform them of the relationship and the baby, and you are more than welcome to take the leave and return when you feel capable of doing your job accordingly. The baby is more than welcome on the paddock too. You've got it all planned, and I'm glad you do because this is a big shock for me right now," he said, talking quickly, and we both laughed.

"We are not in a relationship; we decided to just let them speculate," Fernando says, and he shrugs.

"I will be honored to go to the gender reveal. Send me the address and time. I am very happy for you two, I always figured this was the most probable ending possible with all the teasing and bickering," he says as he gets up from his chair and I roll my eyes.

"We are kind of telling people Saturday will be a surprise, so don't tell them I'm pregnant for now. I want to see the faces myself; I want the satisfaction of shocking everyone," I say proudly, and he nods.

"I will talk to Human Resources tomorrow and ask for the form without names and specifics, and we can send it in on Sunday, so nobody starts rumors, and both of you are off the hook from repercussions," he says happily before he hugs me once again. 

"Thank you, Lawrence," I say gratefully, and he nods happily.

"You will be a great mom, Cassie," he whispers proudly, and I almost cry. Pregnancy hormones? "And you will be a good dad, Fernando; the kid is lucky."

"Thank you, Lawrence," he says proudly, holding my hand with a smile before we leave the room. 

"That went well," I take a breath of relief, and he laughs.

"I told you it would be fine; these people are almost like our own personal fan club," he says calmly, and I laugh.

The days were eventful; people were curious about the party, and only those closest got invited. I invited Lance, Lawrence, Mick, Chloe, Scotty and Daniel. The Strolls are like my second family so they had to be there. Fernando invited Sebastian (which was more of a common invite than his) Lando, Carlos and George.

"What's this all about?" Sebastian asked as everyone was eating the appetizers and snacks around the huge living room at Fernando's apartment.

"Celebrating," I say mysteriously.

"Oh, come on. I am curious," he complains and I laugh, he can be such a baby.

"Call Hannah and Facetime her. She will kill you and then me if she misses the announcement," I say as I walk to the focus of the party, the huge balcony. 

I had it all planned. I gave them the envelope, filed for the licenses and now the fireworks will tell us if we are having a boy or a girl.

"Fernando!" I call him outside, and everyone understands and follows our lead; everyone stands outside as the countdown. 

"Is it here?" He asks as I nod.

"30 seconds to go," I say as I look at my watch. Everyone took out their phones curiously, Sebastian facetiming his wife and showing her the night sky.

I feel Fernando's arm surrounding my waist. I look at him with a smile before hearing the intense sound of the fireworks. I look up and smile, as I was looking at Fernando to have a reaction, he cups my cheek and kisses me. I corresponded in surprise, but it felt somewhat comforting and natural in the situation at hand.