𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 14

♫ Want you to get in my mind, I'm supposed to be in your mind (whoa)
For the first time in a long time, hurtin' deeply inside ♫

Cassandra García POV

I am not okay. That is a fact. I discovered I was pregnant. You read that right. I am very much pregnant. Ten pregnancy tests said it, and then a blood test did too. I doubted it, so when the doctor confirmed it, she pointed to the screen and tried to show me the 8-week-old fetus.

I was confused and I found out that a lot of things had gone wrong in Hungary. The condom probably was not okay, the pill lost it's effect because I took another medication for the headache I had earlier in the day. It all came to this moment.

I am having a kid with Fernando Alonso. I couldn't even picture myself in the same room as him for hours at a time. How the fuck am I supposed to raise a kid with him? He lives in Switzerland, and he travels for most part of the year. Oh! And he clearly has no wish for a child. He is 41 years old and living his life.

I am going to tell him, and I am going to say I don't want him present in any way. I will have this kid because I want to. He can fuck off.

"You are not my enemy; we just banter and argue a lot. I am not going to have a family, that has become clearer as time goes by, I am just getting by and having some fun. If I happen to have casual sex with people to feel less lonely then be it," he words it like he has made peace with it. Am I supposed to just blurt it out before he has to drive a car at 300 km/h tomorrow? It can wait.

"I need to rest. My head is killing me. I don't want to do this. I don't owe anyone an explanation. Please leave. We can talk tomorrow if I feel better," I say, and he nods.

"Do you need me to get you anything?" He asks worriedly, and I shake my head-

"No, thank you. Have a good rest," I say as I point to the door. He looks back at me before leaving, but he does, and I close the door rapidly.

I was quieter the next day in case Sebastian had it on his mind to snitch on me again. What a great friend. My arms were crossed as I watched the race by Lawrence's side. That is until I see Esteban crashing into Fernando's car as he tries to overtake him. Everyone was silent as we watched the safety car being deployed, followed by the red flag. I tried to wait for any sign they were okay.

Esteban: I lost control of the car. don't know what happened.

Fernando didn't leave his car for what felt like minutes. Esteban was with the stewards when we finally saw some movement, and I heard his radio.

Fernando: I am okay. The hit disoriented me.

I took a deep breath, and I didn't even know I was holding my breath until now. My heart was still racing, and I felt like I was going to vomit suddenly.

"You can go," Lawrence tells me as his hand touches my shoulder, and I nod.

"I will come back. I am not feeling that good," I try to excuse myself.

"You are pale as a ghost. Take however long you need and check on him, please. If it makes you feel better, take it as an order," Lawrence insists with a comforting smile, and I nod.

I indeed vomited in the bathroom at the medical center. I took the gum I had on my jacket, and I saw Fernando talking to a doctor while Otmar watched. Esteban didn't even need to come here.

"Get some rest. You seem as great as expected," the doctor says, and I feel relieved. I could never live with him, not knowing he could be a father if he actually made that choice.

"How do you feel? You scared us all with the lack of movement and the silence," Otmar says as he watches Fernando standing up slowly. He looked behind and finally saw me, and I shook my head.

"I feel fine. I just hoped my own teammate wouldn't be the one pulling these stunts," his anger is evident and Otmar only nods.

"I will leave you two to it," he says as his head tilts in my direction, which obviously confuses Fernando.

"Who?" He asks as he turns around. I see some of the tensions disappearing, his confusion and anger being replaced with surprise.

"You seem pretty okay," I comment as I try to maintain some indifference. He nods as he arranges his suit to hang from his hips.

"I am okay, this is nothing. But why are you here? That is definitely something," the smile he tried to hide is very much there, and I roll my eyes.

"The boss wanted to know if your hiring was already a cruel mistake, but his asset seems very much intact." I turn around to leave as I say those words. I don't think I will ever be able to tell him that I'm carrying his child.

"Weren't you worried?" he asks with some hope in his voice, and I turn to him, confused.

"Why would I be??" I ask as I cross my arms.

"Because you are here. And you vomited. You hate chewing gum; it hurts your jaw if you do it too long."

"I need to tell you something. In private, with no one around and no possibility of eavesdropping and rumors," I tell him, and he nods as he looks around. The paramedics were definitely trying to seem busy, but they weren't fooling us.

"Come with me," he says as he takes my wrist. We go into Alpine's motorhome and then his room.

"You have to do media duties," I say as I see him sitting in his bed, and I sit on the chair in front of him.

"I have an hour until the race ends; I am not skipping anything." His calmness made me nervous, but it was now or never.

"I am pregnant. 2 months. Which takes me back to you and me in Hungary."

I blurted the words out, looked everywhere but him, and finally faced him. His expression was blank; nothing was to be seen there. Nada. I was dreading the answer once it hit him like it hit me.