𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 27

♪ And I got this rubber band on my wrist, on my wrist
And I snap it every time that I think about your lips
Almost break it every time when I'm tryin' to forget ♪

Fernando Alonso POV

I couldn't even sleep that night at the hospital. I feared for our child, and hearing her talk about making a decision between her and our daughter was just crazy. I watched as she slept peacefully and saw my daughter as she distributed some kicks once in a while, which relieved me.

But she recovered well, and we made a decision to spend Christmas together with both families. it was a whole mess; everyone got along great, there were always talks occurring, and everyone was excited about the new member of the family.

My sister posted pictures, and so did most of the family, and they started circulating. Especially the picture of both families side by side with me and Cassie in the middle as we touch her now visible belly. Rumors started, and we had some fun reading them.

Some said they knew this would happen since "there is a fine line between love and hate" apparently. Others said she did it for the money. And some said they chose not to jump to conclusions.

In January I decided to make it official as I got to London to do some tests for Aston. The comments got a good laugh out of me.

"Why didn't Cass come?" Lance, as both he and Lawrence were exiting the factory with me

"Can I be honest without it affecting her job?" I ask, and they both nod, clearly worried.

"Is there something wrong with the pregnancy?" Lawrence is obviously concerned, and I shake my head.

"We had a bit of a scar a few weeks ago, and she was told to rest. We have an ultrasound tomorrow, and we will know if the situation has reversed back to normal. If everything is back to normal, then she will be here next week; she almost got on the plane against my better judgment," I tell them, and they look at each other worried.

"But was it serious?" Lance is still not completely sure and I shrug.

"It was enough for us to go to the emergency care in the middle of the night, and she was there for four days as she was monitored. It was scary as fuck, if I'm being honest," I confess.

"Call me if you need anything. She is like family at this point, and so is your little girl," Lawrence assures me, and I nod as I smile.

"I just would like you to keep an eye on her if she happens to come back to work. Kid or not, she will try to keep me away, and she will definitely play it cool in front of me," I tell them, and they laugh.

"Oh, don't worry. I will tell you if I notice anything out of the ordinary. Go take care of our girls," Lance says happily.

"I will see you next week," I say as I get to the car.

A few hours later, I parked the car in the driveway and entered the house. I see Cassie as she dances around to a song playing on the television.

"Is that what you call rest?" I ask and she immediately freezes as she turns around slowly.

"Are you trying to kill me?" She asks as she takes her right hand to her heart.

"I'm sorry, but this is the opposite of what you should be doing," I say sincerely as I leave my suitcase at the entrance of the living room.

"Can we order food for dinner? I'm hungry, and I got distracted," she pouts, and I laugh.

"I got food on the way here," I show her the bag, and her eyes immediately light up as she comes in my direction with a huge smile.

"I could kiss you right now," she says excitedly.

"I would kiss you back if you did," I say teasingly, and she laughs.

"Oh, would you?" She asks with a cheeky smile, and I lean down.

"Just do it already cariño," I whisper as my lips gently brush hers.

"Fine by me bebé," her sarcasm was enough to make me kiss her lips. 

But she was focused on the food, and so was I; I was hungry, too. I ended up falling asleep in her bed; I think I could count on one hand the nights I had slept in her guest bedroom since coming to live with her. We stayed by her house since it was easier for me to move than her. My parents can easily travel here to visit their grandchild, and she can have her family at a 10-minute distance. 

She is the woman carrying my child; I will do everything to make her more comfortable. I can deal with some downsizing; I don't actually care. Living with someone has proven to be interesting. 

She is either in a good mood, which means cuddly and warm, maybe even lustful, or she might be in a bad mood, which means my breathing or chewing might make her upset. It's a rollercoaster, but she has been in an unusually good mood lately.

I have learned how to properly massage her swollen feet, and I have learned most of her comfort food in the last few weeks. I will consider this a positive experience. 

But the moment I sat in the doctor's office, I saw the dread in her eyes, and I knew I felt exactly the same. We are too deep now, we want this baby, we love this baby unconditionally and I want my baby girl to be healthy and I want us to stop dreading a possible bedridden pregnancy. That would kill Cassie; she already hates having to be at home most of the time. 

I sat there as I held her hand expectantly. Please tell us good news, all I want is for both of them to be healthy.