𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

♫ I'll take it, just tell me it can't be that crazy
And even if it is that crazy, baby, I'll take it ♫

Fernando Alonso POV

One night we definitely had the summer break to pretend to be back to normal when it ended. The fact is that I spent all summer break thinking about that night and the fact that she left when it was done, a few hours and rounds later.

Never have I ever spent so much time having sex in a night, I don't know if this is because of the fact that we held this in for years, or maybe she just had more energy than anyone I've been with. I am now in Belgium, we had a press conference yesterday and a lot of questions about the new contract, I kept it short and made it a point not to talk much about the theme.

"There you are, I haven't seen you all day," Seb says as we walk to the media pen after the second and last practice of the day is done.

"We've all been busy as hell. How are you doing? Counting the days until retirement?"

"You've done it before. It's bittersweet, I love the sport but I love my family more. I owe it to them, even if I happen to come back later on like you did." He says calmly, there is no guilt and that is good.

You don't feel guilt when leaving this job, you feel sadness to leave something you obviously love but there is something taking priority. I wanted something more challenging but nothing challenges me more than this sport. Le Mans, IndyCar, cross-country rallies, they all crossed my mind but this is where I feel like I belong.

I did my interviews and I saw Cassandra as I was leaving. She was heading to Aston Martin with Lance a few steps ahead of her with his engineer.

"Still running from me?" I ask her quietly and she turns around scaredly-

"Puta madre, make some noise when you are coming closer. You almost gave me a heart attack. And I am not running from you, in fact, you know I don't even run. Ever." She says proudly and I try not to laugh.

"When was the last time you ran?" I ask curiously because I've never seen her run during these years, which I never thought about until now.

"In high school probably, I have no damn idea but I am not starting now. Any more stupidities to say bebé?" She asks with annoyance splattered all over her face and I roll my eyes.

"Nothing else to say cariño. I just thought you might be avoiding me, I'm glad you aren't." I say as I take the phone out of my pocket and she nods.

"I have no reason to avoid you. That was a one-time thing and it worked just fine. I don't even want to look at you now, worked like a fucking charm," she says as she keeps her attention on her phone.

"Fine by me, I should get going then. It was good to see you, your ass looks great in those jeans." I was provoking her and I finally got what I wanted, she was so surprised that she stopped in her tracks and looked up from her phone to me.

"Why don't you fuck off? I always look great and we both know it," she says as our eyes are still locked.

"How would I know that? I think I forgot it, want to remind me again?" I ask teasingly and she rolls her eyes. I like her doing that in my bed.

"Yeah, I am sure you forgot. And so did I, there is nothing worth remembering anyways." She says before she starts walking faster and I try not to laugh.

"Convince yourself of that, it might work. I will see you around," I say as I enter Alpine's hospitality so I can eat something.

I was with the social media team before finally leaving the paddock. I was arriving at the hotel when I saw Cassandra and Luís, kissing, in the lounge of the hotel. Did she get back to that prick? Fucking hell, not even I could see that coming. I was waiting for the elevator when I heard a loud noise that seemed like someone got harshly slapped.

I was definitely surprised to look around and see Luís holding his face as his cheek was getting more and more red by the minute. She slapped him, by the sound she must've slapped his soul out of his body.

"You fucking bitch! I gave you an opportunity to get back with me and this is what you do? Do you think he wants more than just a quick fuck with you? He got it, he won't come back," he says loudly and I know that somehow I was the guy he was talking about and I don't say this because I am full of myself.

"Fuck off! Who do you think you are to force a kiss on me? I don't want to get back to you, you disgusting piece of shit! Look at my wrist. Look at my arm. Do you think this is normal? I could get you arrested for assault, just learn to take a no." She yells back, the security is getting closer and was too.

I lightly touched her hand before pulling her to me, they understood that we knew each other and held Luís at a safe distance.

"Do you want to call the police ma'am?" The security guard asks concerned but she shakes her head.

"No, I want to go up to my room, can you hold him here so he doesn't follow me?" She asks as her breathing slows down and they nod.

"I will take you there," I whisper as she nods, I think she is still in shock, she defended herself but she is not reacting to me holding her hand to the elevator.

"Who does he think he is?" She finally asked once we were halfway done. I look at the places she showed him, his mark imprinted in her with a red color.

"He went too far, you should try to take it to Alpine to get him fired, he doesn't seem like he is going to stop. Do you want me to talk to them for you?" I ask worriedly and she finally looks at me.

"Please. Please do. I don't want to go to Alpine and risk finding him again tomorrow. He seems almost a maniac," she has some fear in her eyes and I don't like it.

"Do you want to stay in my room? He won't go there, we can switch if you want or I can sleep on the couch." I suggested as we stopped on her floor, which was 5 floors below mine.

"Let's go to your room, he has no balls to even be close to your door."

Her confidence was more than enough for me to press my floor. There would be no possibility I would let her at the hands of that asshole. Who does he think he is?