𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6

♪ I do what it takes to make this right
But we got to stop before the regret
After the war is won ♪

Cassandra García POV

Kissing Fernando never crossed my mind, ever. Now I've done it twice and it felt good. The man has a certain charm in kissing, I just had one of the best kisses of my life. Never has a man held my neck or jaw while kissing but why is it so attractive? Why do I want more? This is just disgusting. I can't be wanting to fuck him, I am just horny. I need to get laid tonight.

"What is going on with you? You completely zoned out," I hear Elena saying curiously and I shake my head.

"I'm doing fine. I need to have some fun tonight. I am going crazy with Luis following me around," I say as I try to be careful with my words.

"He is an asshole, I can't believe you were with him for so long," she says as she shook her head.

"It was only a year but it was more than enough for me now," I say bitterly, I wasted a year on a shitty guy who wasn't good for anything. I didn't even get a good fuck out of it.

"So, what happened with Fernando? I have to ask, your faces were very sketchy when you came back," she was suspicious and I get it. I would be too.

"Luís was there and I called Fernando because he idolizes him, he was able to get rid of him more easily," I didn't lie, I just left the details out and that's fine.

"You asked Fernando for a favor? That is a new one. Congratulations!" She sounded genuinely happy and I laugh.

"Let's have fun now. I need it!" I say excitedly as I got up and I go back to the dance floor with Elena.

Time went by and I got too drunk. French guys are not my thing and I am not alone while waiting for my Uber to get me to the hotel. I was leaning back on the wall but I miscalculated and I feel someone grabbing my waist and leaning me against his body. Fernando. It had to be him because it smelled like him.

"Did you call a cab or an Uber? Or should I?" Fernando asks and I let out a laugh for knowing it was him before even looking at him.

"The Uber is almost here," I mutter while I try to stay away but his hold was firm.

"You are way too drunk for me to let go of you. I will leave you in your room and I will leave. If you complain I will personally get Lance to do it," he warns me and I stop.

"Idiota" I whisper and I hear his chuckle.

"You are way too proud cariño. Let me just do this and we can go our own way," his words are followed by the arrival of the Uber and we get in.

He puts his jacket around me as he helps me out of the car and then I feel his arm circling my waist to keep me balanced. I select my floor on the elevator and we walked to the door.

"I'm sorry for the kisses. It wasn't very smart of me," the regret is washing over me because I know he will use it against me in the future.

"Don't drink so much, it clearly clouds your judgment. I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted because it won't happen again," he has his stupid smirk on and I roll my eyes.

"Fuck off. I don't want it to happen again, there was nothing to enjoy so consider it forgotten," I say as I open the door and give him a fake smile.

"See you in Hungary," he says as he turned around to leave and I mock him before closing the door.

I woke up the next day and it was crazy. Photos of me and Fernando outside of the club were being circled around, rumors were on fire. "Close sources" were saying that we had a slip and it was not intended to make our long-lasting relationship public. Like, who are those close sources? Because everyone with a brain would damn well know we are not a thing. Never were and never will be.

But it was all forgotten as soon as the end of the week came, I had arrived in Hungary when the news of Seb's retirement started. It was everyone cared for and I was grateful for it. I didn't see Fernando most of the week, I was following Lance around and I was kind of avoiding him so I got my way.

He got 8th on the race and it's his 8th race in a row on the points, if he hasn't signed with Aston I think he will now, sadly for me. I was by Lance's side as he did his interviews and Fernando came to the interview on my left which made us too close.

"A retirement has been announced and it calmed down the new rumors. Is there something between you two?" The interviewer asks pointing at both of us, I turn my head to avoid looking and Fernando laughs.

"Our dynamic is the same as it's always been. There is nothing new to tell, we are friends, we go around the same circle so it's normal for us to be seen together," his calmness was enough for the subject to change and Lance ended his last interview so we left.

"It's official, he has signed the contract already. I hope you can work your differences," Lawrence says when we find him on the way to the motorhome and I nod.

"Don't worry about it, we will keep it professional as we always did," I have no problem with keeping it professional, I just know I won't like the fact that I have to see him way more than I already do.

"Let me know if there is anything you need on the summer break, enjoy it," Lawrence says happily and I nod.

"Maybe a raise?" I ask as I laugh.

"Good idea," he replies with a smile and I knew he was not denying it because he always gives me that smile when I ask him, and it normally happens. He is a good boss and I am a good worker. Fernando better not get me fired next year.