𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 17

♬ I think he knows his footprints, on the sidewalk
Lead to where I can't stop, go there every night ♬

Fernando Alonso POV

We got to Spain at the end of the day, and an appointment with the doctor was scheduled. One thing my family always liked about her is that we are from Oviedo, and her family is from Gijón, which typically makes it a trip of half an hour. She loves living by the coast, and I can't blame her.

I met with her the next day, and the doctor entered the room with a smile.

"You've got company today! Your face is familiar somehow," she says as she tried to remember from where she might know me.

"He's the father, according to my calculations, which are unreliable sources. About the familiar face, he is a Formula 1 driver; I don't know if you are familiar with the sport," Cassandra says with a smile.

"Fernando Alonso," I present myself as I extend my hand to the doctor who seems closer to my age.

"Oh! I am Sofía Álvarez, the doctor who did the first ultrasound and check-up; I hope to accompany the pregnancy. My ex-husband would've died right here if he met you. Huge fan for years! So you are here to do a noninvasive prenatal paternity test, right?" She asks curiously, and I nod.

"It's not that I don't trust her, but it's better to be safe than sorry," I say, getting a laugh from her and an eye roll from Cassandra.

"I would prefer it if it were negative," Cassandra mutters, and I try not to laugh.

My cheek was swabbed, and she had to take a blood sample to perform the test. The result could be in as early as Friday, the day I had agreed to come to her with the motorhome I have for the weekend; we would stay in Gijón, close to the sea, so she can enjoy it as well as I know she wants to. 

I met her Friday morning and showed her around the motorhome, which she loved. We worked through the morning, and after eating the lunch we ordered, we decided to go to the beach where we had parked the motorhome. 

She was reading a book on her iPad, and I read some work emails. She suddenly sat down and I was worried so I put my phone down.

"The results are in," she says quietly, her eyes focused on the screen of her phone as she scrolled through it.

"Any surprise?" I ask curiously, my heart racing. This may not have been planned, but I just don't want it to be negative.

"You are definitely the father, congratulations!" She puts the phone in my hand and stands up.

I read the 99.99 percent of paternity, and I let out a relieved sigh as I put down the phone.

"I am going for a swim. Wanna come?" She asks as she looks to the sea. I stand up and follow her there. 

I watched her for a few seconds, but there was no sign of pregnancy yet. And all the other men who stared were thinking the same. I stayed back as I adjusted to the water, watching as she went diving almost immediately.

"Beaches have the best views," a guy comments, and I look at him outraged.

"What?" I give him a chance to redeem himself, but I don't think he saw us together.

"I saw you watching her; she is smoking hot. Totally out of our league, though," he says as he tilts his head. Cassandra turned to me at that moment, the water sliding down her body, and I gulped.

"Can you help me?" She asks, and I nod, walking in her direction as she keeps her arms crossed.

"What happened?" I ask confusedly.

"The bikini got loose; if I let this go, I will have my boobs on display for the creepy guy who was talking to you," she says as she points to her back.

The neck knot was still tightly done, so I knotted the loose one. She turned around and smiled gratefully.

"What did he say to you? You looked pissed," she asks in whispers, and I look away.

"He was saying you are smoking hot and out of our league. Our," I say angrily and she laughs.

"I mean, it's no lie. But you would never be in the same league he is. Somehow, you could have my attention long enough for us to have a kid together, so congrats on the upgrade," she says as she gets closer, her wet body touching my mostly dry body.

"You were the one who made the move, but thank you for the honesty cariño," I chuckle before she puts her hand in the back of my head, leaning it down enough for her to kiss me. 

"Use this however you want. That man could very well be my dad; you need to keep old dudes out of my way; that's dangerous," she comments when the kiss ends, and I laugh.

"I am having a kid with you. I'm not your boyfriend to keep man away from you," I explain, but she shakes her head.

"You are the only old man that I need talking to me. I give you my permission to keep them away; say whatever you want. But don't spread lies about me or sexual diseases, it's not funny."

"I am not that old, I am 10 years older than you." 

"Tomayto, tomatoh," she says calmly as she starts going into deeper waters, and I follow her. She left first, and I took a last dive before I started walking out too, and the previous guy was still there.

"Are you dating her? Are you rich or something?" He asks, shock still on his face.

"I am rich, and I also have put some effort into my appearance. You should try it too. That's how you get a smoking hot girlfriend," I say cheekily as I walk to my towel, lying by Cassandra's side.

When the end of the day approached and it got colder, we went to the motorhome, took a good shower, and went to the supermarket to buy some groceries. We need to treat these days like we would do if we were indeed living together on the road, so here goes nothing.