𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7

♫ Trust who?
Watchin' my back even when I'm in the booth ♫

Fernando Alonso POV

I met everyone for a party since summer break would start now everyone wanted to have fun. Even Sebastian appeared to have some fun. I was sitting by his side, Lance, Esteban, and Mick were at our table too and from nowhere, a drunken Cassandra appeared.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Lance asks as he gets up worriedly. Everyone just looked up while watching.

"Can we talk?" She asks as tears appear in her eyes and he nods.

"Let's go. Tell me what's up" He says as he leaves with her and Elena arrives to take Lance's place next to Esteban.

"What happened?" Seb asks worriedly and she shrugs with little enthusiasm.

"Luís. That's what happened, he saw us on the dance floor, he came up to us and started putting her down. She took it personally as anyone would with those words and she came here to talk to her best friend, which is Lance" She says as she looks worried at where both of them are talking. I was just furious.

"Gilipollas! Hijo de puta!" (Asshole! Son of a bitch!) I say as I get up and look for Luís who put his glass down as soon as I saw him. I made my way through the people of the nightclub until I found him.

"Hey! Calm down, let's not ruin the night because of her, I've had enough nights ruined by her" He says as he takes a few steps back until his back hits the bar.

"Do you want to be fired? Because I won't work with someone who has little respect towards women, and I doubt that Alpine wants to associate with that image" I said angrily as he seemed scared.

"Our job shouldn't be called for. I am not working right now, I was being vindictive but your name wasn't called upon."

"Leave Cassandra alone, she doesn't need your bullshit anymore. Back off, I've told you that if you can't be civil then just keep your mouth shut. Who the fuck keeps inviting you here?" I ask as I look around.

"I came with some of the engineers. You are not the boss of me outside of work, if you are so angry just keep that whore away from me" He says and at that moment I lost my cool, I punched him and I just turned to leave and see Cassandra running in our direction.

"Did you punch him?" The shock was all over her face as the question left her mouth.

"I did, he needs to learn how to respect people" I say as I prepare to pass by her side but she holds my arm.

"Thank you, that was deserved" She says and I smile.

"I know cariño, you don't need to thank me. Just do it yourself next time, it will feel even better. And don't even shed a single more tear for him, he is not worth it" I say as I touch her hand lightly and she unconsciously pouts.

"You are a good person when you want."

"You know me cariño" I say before heading back to where I previously was.

"What was that?" Sebastian asks as everyone checks on either Cassandra or Luís.

"What are you talking about?"

"You punched her ex for insulting her, she touched your arm and you touched her hand. That was very intimate for your usual interaction" He is definitely suspicious and I laugh.

"Don't make a big deal out of it" I say trying not to say something I might regret, I don't want to lie to him but I will not tell him what happened last time we were at a party together.

"If you say so. Just make sure to send me the wedding invites later on, Hannah will love it and so will I" He says cheekily as he takes a sip of his beer.

The night went on and I went outside to get some air, it was getting way too hot inside that nightclub. I leaned on a wall on the outside patio and it was good to be there, it was way more acceptable.

"Nando" I hear Cassandra's voice and I'm startled by that nickname coming out of her lips, she never said it. Never. I was always Fernando and she was always Cassandra.

"Hey" That word was full of confusion and she smiled.

"This is fucking miserable" She says as she comes closer and I just stayed quiet while I waited for the continuation but it never came.

"What is miserable?" I ask curiously.

"This thing between us, it's making me miserable on nights like these." Those words brought me way too much curiosity.

"Why is it making you miserable? We are keeping our distance like we always do. What is different about this?"

"Because we kissed and I can't stop thinking about that, and alcohol only makes it worse. Do you feel the same? Of course you don't. Mierda, what am I doing?"

The words just kept coming out of her mouth and I was there in complete shock. I couldn't stop thinking about it and being in the same environment it happened a week ago was definitely making it more difficult to forget.

"Cassandra, you know this is the alcohol talking, you don't mean that" I say trying to have some reason in the middle of this.

"Is it though?" She asks as she stops dangerously close to me.

"It is."

"You are right, must be the alcohol talking. This has been enough of a shameful experience so I will just leave now. Thank you for the honesty, appreciate it. Let me just stop the humiliation here" She says as she prepares to leave.

"Cassandra" I mutter under my breath and she turns confused.

"What?" She asks confusedly. I closed the distance between us and did what had to be done.

I kissed her and quickly she kissed me back. What is happening to us? Are we really opening this can of worms? Will we do this every time we get drunk together? Why does it feel so fucking right?