𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 3

♪ Maybe I'll crash into you
Maybe we would open these wounds ♪

Fernando Alonso POV

The fact that Lance told her before it was even official didn't even surprise me. They are attached to the hip. She wasn't pleased to be working with me but I am not staying in Alpine to watch my career die. I don't see this getting any better right now. Maybe it's the car, maybe it's me. I need to know, I need to see another option and Aston is looking like the best option.

The first practice was done and I meet Sebastian when I was leaving the media center after the interviews.

"I am announcing my retirement next week. Did you close the deal?" He asks as we walked through the paddock.

"I will sign it on Monday. Cassandra already knows, Lance told her, she asked me if it was true as if he would ever lie to her" I say with some enjoyment in my tone and he laughs.

"I will show up in Aston Martin just to see the both of you fighting. But Cassie will be fine, she will warm up to you with time" He says putting his hand on my shoulder and it's my turn to laugh.

"We have known each other for 6 years, she won't warm up to me and neither do I want her too. This is our thing already, what would I do without my number 1 hater?"

"You two like each other more than you would let yourself admit it. I want to be invited for the wedding, I told you that would happen when she got here, don't blame for guessing it" Sebastian says with a cocky smile.

"You better take a seat while waiting for that to happen because me and Cassandra would never even be friends"

"You are friends already" Seb says as we stopped in front of the Aston Martin's motorhome.

"Sebastian Vettel! Stop running from me or I will call Hanna and ask her how you had the audacity to do this to me" Cassandra says arriving by our side.

"Darling, you know that I would be doing this or sooner, you are still very welcome at our home. Hanna and I adore you, I won't even start on the kids" Seb says hugging her and she hugs him back.

"I can't believe I won't be able to work with you. Are you really abandoning me with him?" She asks as the hug ended and looks at me with a deadpan expression.

"I am not abandoning you. You have Lance too" Seb says trying to reason with her, which is pretty hard on itself.

"No! Lance is almost a kid. I'm 30, I can't be hanging out with Lance always. I will have to go to Switzerland to see my nephews" She says pouting.

"You can go with Fernando, he has a house there. You can both be civilized for a whole flight" He says and I just shrug.

"Oh, I would rather go in a commercial flight. No offense"

"No offense taken. You seem more like a economic class type than a private flight one cariño" I knew that would get a reaction and it did. She almost killed me with her look.

"Bebé, I could very well be married to a millionaire, I am a very diversified person" She claps back and I laugh.

"You are talking to a millionaire, put that theory to test" Seb says taking the clue and she immediately bursts out laughing.

"Me and him? That's a no. I am very good by myself and he is not husband material" She says preparing to enter the motorhome.

"Wait a second. Why am I not husband material?" I ask curiously, she turns around and smirks.

"You have been with a different woman every year and you ended a marriage already" She says crossing her arms.

"Those are rumors, I can't be seen around a woman that I am dating her, it's not always true" I defende myself and I see Seb entering the motorhome.

"You have like 12 rumors about 12 different women, you are a womanizer. And I feel sorry for them"

"I have been doing this for 20 years, it isn't that bad cariño. Rumors are just that and a divorce doesn't mean I wouldn't be a good husband, but I won't even get started on that. The main thing here is, I am a pretty good catch" I know I sounded cocky but it's the truth.

"Well, they never made rumors about us" She retorts back and I laugh.

"Oh, cariño, they did. It was pretty clear that it was a lie when we had a fight outside a club and you slapped me and photos were taken" I say with a satisfied smile.

"I was almost fired because of that so thank you for talking publicly and explaining that I didn't mean to slap you. That guy groped me, I was too tipsy to slap the right guy. He would've deserved the pain you got" She says apologetically and I smile.

"I punched him though, he got it worse than me" I say laughing and she smiles.

"That was pretty cool of you. I should go, see you around" She says turning around once again.

"Adiós cariño" I say hearing her laugh.

I don't know how it started, our nicknames are a very sarcastic thing because I use cariño even though she is not sweet at all to me and she uses bebé which I think it part of her condescending personality.

The night she slapped was a fun one, it was her first season wroking with Lance and out of the internship so she had a image to keep. A guy groped her outside a club and I pushed him off, she turned around and slapped me with such strength that I had a scratch from her nails. I punched the guy and took her to the hotel.

It was the only time where she apologized, she put ice on my face and she said she owned me a favor. I never used it, I never needed it too.

The rest of the weekend was pretty eventful. The race came and I got 6th place, maybe I should be accomplished with this but my greed makes me want more. Lance got 10th and I greeted him when we got side by my side on one of the interviews. Cassandra was by his side holding the recorder almost bored.

"Good job" She almost whispers and I try not to laugh.

"Can you say it louder? I will ask for the recording later" I ask making her roll her eyes.

"Good job Alonso. Congratulations" She says as if I ripped the words out of her mouth.

"Gracias cariño" I say with a cocky smile and she just focuses on Lando and his interview.

Next year will be interesting...