𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 29

♪ Now I'm looking through the photos
Wishing I was different ♪  

Fernando Alonso POV

She slept with him. He wouldn't have thought that was his kid if she hadn't. She slept with him soon before or while on summer break. What the actual fuck? 

"What's wrong?" Cassie asks as we walk to my room, and I ignore her.

I might as well be quiet because it's none of my business, and this doesn't affect me at fucking all. Or at least it shouldn't.

"Are you ignoring me?" She asked a few minutes later as I still remained quiet.

"I have nothing to say," I say as I enter the bathroom to shower.

"You look pissed. Just spill out, or you will get even more wrinkled," she says, and I just ignore it. I took a quick shower and got out to find her still waiting for me, arms crossed.

"I'm only wearing boxers," I warn her as I dry my head and she laughs.

"I've seen you with less. What happened that messed up your mood?" She asks curiously.

"I don't like that guy, that's all," it isn't a lie. I fucking hate him.

"Nobody does at this point. I mean I fucking despise him and it didn't ruin my mood," she is persistent and I am trying my best not to unbottle my thoughts, or at least I was.

"And you still slept with him so you didn't despise him enough. Do you like fucking people who you despise? Me and him in a row turns out to be a pattern," and I said it. Outloud.

"What did you just say?" She asks as I turn finish buttoning my jeans.

"You heard me. He thought he was the father. The way you spoke to me made it seem like I was the only option but I clearly wasn't." 

"I didn't fuck him, he is just bad at math. His memory blacks out when he drinks a lot so that might be a factor too. Why the fuck would I sleep with that prick?" She is now pissed too and I should've kept quiet.

"That prick thought he could be my daughter's father, he was pretty certain of it. He is dumber than I thought he was?" I ask as I cross my arms and she laughs.

"He sure is, you could've started with that instead of thinking I would even come closer to him, that's just disgusting to think of," she is disgusted and I nod.

"Do you prefer me over him? Because you sure were able to let me touch you and you hated my guts," this question is more for myself than the discussion.

"I totally do prefer you over him. There was never a possibility of the kid being his, my contact wit him stopped the day I broke it off with him. Plus, I might not be fond of you but you do good in bed and you are way hotter than him," she says it so casually that I could only smile in return.

"Fine by me," I say as I look for my shirt.

"Were you jealous?" She suddenly asks and I turn around quickly.

"What?" I am perplexed now.

"You were mad I might've had something with him and you at the same time and you only got back in a good mood once I said you are better than him. Were you jealous bebé?" Her cocky smile forced me to hide mine.

"I might've been jealous. Does that bother you?" I am testing the field.

"It does because I don't know why you would be jealous," she wants to get more information, and I'm trying not to laugh.

"Have you considered the possibility that I might like you? I've been living with you for the last few months. I've seen you carry our baby, and it's a mix of emotions I'm trying to comprehend. Is it not a possibility that I might've fallen in love with you?" My question left her speechless, and it might've been the first time I've experienced it firsthand.

"What?" That was all she said after two whole minutes to think about a possible answer.

"Let's leave it at this: I was jealous. I didn't want to imagine the fact that you might've slept with me, ghosted me, and went to fuck him right after. Or that you came to me as a consolation prize after fucking him. If none of those happened, my bad mood is now solved and we can move on from it. Is it okay for you, cariño?" I ask as I put my shirt on, and she simply nods.

"So all that about feelings was just to mess with me uh?" She asks a few minutes later.

"Yeah, I love to mess with my heavily pregnant roommate and coworker. How much of a dick can I be? We may never know," I say ironically, and I know she is confused, but she won't ask. This woman runs from commitment and feelings like she can run a marathon even while pregnant apparently.l

"Roommate?" She is shocked by the chosen word, but I laugh.

"In normal circumstances I might've had other word to say but this was my only option. Do you prefer girlfriend or wife next time? Because I don't think so, roomie," I say playfully and I was finally ready to leave.

"I'm not your fucking roomie," she says as she follows me.

"Give me a better word to define this," I am calm but I want her to see the situation we are in and maybe make her think on the possibility of me possibly liking her because I do like her more than I should.

"This isn't over," she says as she follows me and I laugh.

"I think it is cariño," I say as I exit the motorhome and in the middle of all the autographs and photos she has no space to resume the conversation.

We went in my car to the hotel and, even though she was quiet, I felt her eyes on me for most of trip. 

Our motorhome was ready to be used on the European races as agreed after our girl was born and we stayed there for a week, it was so comfortable and she already decorated it to her liking so there's that too. I looked for someone to ride the motorhome from circuit to circuit since we would have to fly due to some trips being too long. We also had someone lined up to took care of the baby while we couldn't but Diego came to us and said he would do it, he wants to be with his niece and also has the opportunity to travel the world with us so it's a win win for everyone.

I guess it's all organized from now on. No more reasons to worry beside the birth possibly happening with me houra aways and no way out.