𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 25

♪ I hate that I never know
Why you're still so caught up in my head ♪

Fernando Alonso POV

I parked on Cassandra's street. From what I've gathered, she has a house close to her parents and an apartment in Madrid she uses during the season to be closer to the airport. I like her house, if I'm being honest. I rang the doorbell, and she opened the gate before showing up at her front door; it's been two weeks since I last saw her personally, and she was stunning.

"Fernando? What are you doing here?" She asks surprisedly, and I shrug.

"Before you kick me out, I brought dinner," I tell her as I show her the takeout bag, and she makes space for me to enter her house.

"Okay, I might give you half an hour," she said doubtfully, but I nodded happily.

"How have you been? Is she giving you a hard time?" I ask curiously, and she shakes her head as she sets the table for us.

"No, she is a bit active sometimes but has been fine. As I've said in one of your a hundred calls, the pregnancy is starting to be visible, which I find cute, but the nausea still comes and goes, but it's nothing I find extreme," she admits as I fill her plate and then I serve myself.

"I know I called a lot, but you are the one going through it, and I am just kept in the dark if I don't call; I just want to experience the milestones. The growth, the ultrasounds, the kicks and turns. I want to be present, and I know it's hard since we are not exactly the friendliest, but I will be here if you call me. I'm going to be around here for the winter; I will have some trips to London, but nothing outside of what you already know."

And here I am, venting to a person who can very well laugh in my face in a few seconds from now.

"You can stay here if you want, or you can come here during the day. I don't mind it. We are literally having a kid together, and I need to get used to being with you 24 hours a day before a baby is in the mix; it will be a mess already to care for a newborn while on the road; we can't go into it without knowing each other's routines and way of living," she says calmly, and it's way more than I ever expected to hear from her.

"Would you really accept me in your space? That is unexpected," I should've been quiet, but I was still too surprised we had a good outcome.

 "I mean, we don't have much of a choice; we need to make some sacrifices for the child we are bringing into the world. I will be fine with having you around. It's survivable," she starts eating her food, and I try not to laugh.

"You are always so nice; you make me feel so special," I say sarcastically.

"That's because I don't try to flatter you for your money; you can keep that to yourself," she says nonchalantly, and I roll my eyes.

What was meant to be a relaxing afternoon ended with us buying stuff for our daughter. We chose all kinds of things. It went from clothes to paint for the room to furniture, and we even started discussing names when we were heading back home from having dinner nearby.

"Don't even go for Maria, I won't accept that," she says once we were settled on the couch. We took a good shower, put on our pajamas, and came to watch a movie she had chosen.

"I wouldn't do that. But do you want a Spanish name or something more international?" I ask curiously, and she shrugs.

"We will find common ground soon enough," she says calmly, and I nod.

"We still have a few months; something will come along," I say as I lean back, and when I expect her to lean back to the opposite side, she just leans in my direction. 

I wrapped my arm around her as she snuggled in front of me under the very cozy covers she had on the couch. Did pregnancy make her needy? It sure made her more sociable.

"Do you-"

"Don't do that. Just don't speak; you will only either make me mad or make me uncomfortable," she interrupts me, very unbothered.

"Okay, just wanted to make sure," I say as I relax.

The movie ended, and I almost had a suspicion she had fallen asleep. But she started moving, and I held her tighter so she wouldn't fall off the couch.

"Do you need something?" I ask nervously as our faces are mere inches apart, which is tempting.

"I have my needs," she says as she looks up at me while licking her lips, and I can't look away for the life of me.

"Don't we all?"

"Do you find me attractive?" Her voice trembled, and it was one of the very few times I'd heard some hint of insecurity in her.

"I sure do. Isn't that how we got here in the first place? Me finding you irresistible and doing what I should've been doing?" I am confused, but she laughs.

"Yeah, it makes sense. But I don't find you attractive, though," she adds as she looks at my lips, and I chuckle.

"You don't? I'm glad you were the one who basically assaulted me in that club. Would you rather be having a kid with your ex? Was he more attractive?" I am a bit worked up with the blatant disrespect.

"You may be a bit attractive. Besides, I think you were the best outcome," she admits and I laugh pleasedly.

"I might satisfy your needs if you decide to be honest for once," I say as I lean closer, and my lips touch hers lightly.

"You are attractive, very attractive," she confesses, her eyes locking with mine. 

She wanted this badly. And I would be a liar if I said I didn't want it too. I finally kissed her and I felt her back arching as she came as close to me as possible. I sure do think this woman will drive me crazy while pregnant because she seems to look better and better every time I see her.

-----------------

Hello loves! 

I hope you are liking the story. I am sorry for the delay, but my finals really got the better of me. Good news: They end this week on Saturday, so I can go back to focusing on my stories!!

"Second Chance" with Toto Wolff will be posted as I post this. It's the first chapter, and I hope you can give it some love as you always do. Thank you for the 2K followers! It's still crazy!

I love you all!