𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2

♪ After the war is won
There's always the next one ♪

Cassandra García POV

Having some time to rest was good, I went home and finally was able to put my car in the garage, that fucking asshole should've never taken the key when I kicked him out. But I will explain to you all what happened.

It's pretty obvious how I've met him, we were together for a year but he has been trying to take me on a date for ages. I ended it when he wanted all my passwords for my social accounts and he wanted free access to my phone. 

I don't mind people using my phone but I do mind him seeing it because he used everything against me. Oh, Carlos left a like in my picture on Instagram, I must be hitting him up and deleting the proof. That was his way of thinking, too old school and too insecure for me.

I let it go on because I was tired of being alone. Romantically. I have been working in Formula 1 since 2016, I did an internship with Mercedes, I don't even know how I got that chance because I only had my degree but I took it. I was then hired to manage Lance Stroll because I was doing a pretty good job.

Lance is the sweetest guy I've ever known, he is down to earth, he is funny and he is a true gentleman. I can't even count on many times he ran to get me some water and medicine if I ever mentioned being thirsty or having some pain. He is almost like my best friend.

I have been in Formula 1 for 6 years and I never dated anyone seriously. I had a few flings in nightclubs but nothing more. Luís offered me more but it clearly wasn't love. Now, everyone knows. Even Alonso, which makes me roll my eyes because I know he will use it against me.

"Looking good today" Lance says as we entered the paddock in France.

"I am wearing jeans and an Aston Martin shirt. Try to lift my spirit when I indeed look good" I say laughing at his attempt and he does the same.

"You always look good though, it isn't a lie" He says shrugging indifferently.

"Good morning" Esteban says and I smile at him.

"Good morning, feeling good in your home race?" I ask excitedly and he nods.

"Felling at home. I think this will be a good weekend" He says positively and I smile. I like this good vibe.

"I want you on the points and above your teammate" I say seriously and he laughs.

"Fernando is still a legend, I can't do that every single race" He says raising his hands in innocence.

"Of course, you can. I believe in you, I like seeing him disappointed" I am being honest. Don't ask me where this came from but I have very valid reasons to hate the man and the most important is that he hates me just as much.

"Don't be like that. You know that he can come to Aston Martin one day" Lance says and I burst out laughing.

"I hope not because I would have to find another team quickly. I don't think Lawrence would fo that to me" I say confidently.

"Fernando would be great on the team. Just don't spit on a plate you might have to eat on later" Lance says before they both stopped to take some pictures.

"What do you know that I don't?" I ask once Esteban was out of reach.

"A lot but mainly that Seb is really retiring and that Fernando is a very viable option" He says as I was in complete shock.

"He wouldn't do that. Alpine is doing way better than Aston Martin. I know we have some upgrades coming for next year but that is too much of a risk" I say doubtful of the information.

"I am mostly informing you before it becomes public. Fernando is really considering coming to Aston Martin next year" He says and I stop in my tracks. 

He is the son of the owner, I know he is telling me the truth but I am still disappointed. I should try to move to another team, working together wouldn't be a good idea. If I was fired that would look way worse in my curriculum.

"Are you lost or what?" I hear Fernando's voice asking with some enjoyment and I turn around to look at him.

"Is it true? You in Aston Martin next year?" I ask after making sure no one was around.

"I need to take the risk, I saw their plans for next year. It's very promising, Seb told me to take it" He was being honest and I was almost heartbroken. 

"Mierda" I say turning around, he holds my wrist and turns me to him once again.

"Don't do that. Don't get out of Aston Martin, you are doing good there, you know that. We can keep our distance, you don't hate me to the point of ruining your career. And I don't dislike you to the point of letting mine die" He says locking our eyes and I just shake my head.

"I know, my mind wandered through that route for a bit. But I hope you don't get me fired" I warn him which makes him laugh.

"I like some friendly rivalry cariño. I wouldn't get you fired, I can deal with you" He says smirking and I roll my eyes.

"What about retiring? It's an interesting idea, you should think about it once again. I'm just trying to help" My voice was filled with sarcasm and I raised my hands in innocence as he laughed.

"Admit it, you got bored when I left. You need someone to dislike you around here. You are way too adored" 

"You are way too full of yourself bebé" I say making him smile wider.

"I should go, there are some people who still work. We will have more fun next year" He says winking and leaving. 

2023 will be my personal hell then. I went to have some meetings and we watched the practice, when it ended I went to immediately meet Lance who got 12th. This weekend will be... Fun. That is a good word.