✿ Chapter 17✿

It was really hard choosing the dedication tbh

but this chappies is dedicated to the one and only  @CupcakeStyles1D! Follow her kay?

Comment below for a dedication!

__________________________

✿ Chapter 17✿

What I'm doing

I don't know what I'm doing

-Tove Lo, This Time Around

Never ever did I imagine that I will model in my life, especially in a five inched high midnight blue pumps. It was the perfect fit, like Holland memorized every single detail that model Sherridy, me, has- shoe size, clothing measurements and all the designer stuff that I am not into.  But except Holland was too pretty to just be a designer, heck she was even prettier than me. How could Sean choose me over her? Does he have poor eyesight or something?

The thought drives me insane. But somewhere deep inside me, the evil part of me felt somehow tingly and happy that for once, a boy, scratch that, a man chose me over a prettier and better lady. But I reminded myself that Harry Styles chose to marry me- plain, boring, dull Sherridy- out of the million girls in the world.

It was like the feeling of winning the lottery, but a thousand times better than that.

She walked gracefully in front of me even if she was wearing a lighter pair of dark blue pumps, much similar to mine. She made it easy like she was only wearing flat gladiator sandals which I wish I did wear instead of this damned killer heels.

"My feet hurt," I complained for the third time as I struggled walking through the long corridors that lead to the stage, trailing closely behind Holland, "Can I just wear my sandals? Please?"

"Sherridy, honey," I cringed at the nickname she gave me as she cocked her head to the side and gave me a side glance, "Those pumps are part of Jenneth's collection. You need to model with it."

I groaned behind her, willing myself not to trip and embarrass myself in front of Jenneth's assistants and crew. I tried to smile at a few of them who seem dumbfounded as I walked past them, their eyes glued on me as if they saw an angel fell down from heaven. Am I that pretty?

"You're up first, Sherridy," Holland turned around to face me, an encouraging smile plastered on her rosy lips, "You've done this before, so don't be nervous! Sherridy is never nervous!"

I swallowed the lump lodged at my throat as I forced a smile in Holland's direction. I am going to die. I am going to die. I told myself as I heard my name being introduced and the crowd applauding.

This is it, Sherridy. Don't embarrass yourself. I climbed up the stairs, carefully, making sure that I wouldn't trip or anything. My knees shook as I stepped out of the backstage and into the stage, where everyone's eyes were on me.

Oh my gosh, this isn't happening... Flashes of light almost blinded me as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. This is my dream. I always wanted to model. I was born for this, I repeated in my head, like a mantra, as I tried to remember what I watched in all those clips and shows on television and on Youtube.