✿ Chapter 8✿

✿ Chapter 8✿

 ❝ Some boys take a beautiful girl

And hide her away from the rest of the world

I want to be the one to walk in the sun

Oh girls they want to have fun

Oh girls just want to have ❞

-Cyndi Lauper, Girls Just Want To Have Fun

I didn’t realize how the “new” me, the better Sherridy 2.0 completely lost in touch with her only boy best friend, Ashton Irwin.  If One Direction is the biggest boyband on the planet right now, then 5 Seconds of Summer is the biggest band. They started to rise to fame after One Direction invited them to open for their Take Me Home Tour, then the rest is history. The four Aussies still opened for One Direction the following year for their Where We Are Stadium tour, but they were starting to get recognized. Their first ever single, “She Looks So Perfect” took the number charts in iTunes in 39 countries, two days after its release.

I have to admit that I truly despised Ashton’s band and I never really hear them play or sing, but they must be really that good to be considered as the “biggest band” right now.  I don’t know why I don’t really like them though. I know how Ashton loved being in his band. He enjoyed every moment with the three other lads and he would even ditch me sometimes just to be able to attend band practice. Not that I mind though. I want him to be happy and what makes him happy makes me happy as well, I guess.

 According to Harry, 5 Seconds of Summer are currently in their European sold out tour and they will take a break in a few days to be able to have a reunion concert with One Direction. I guess I will be seeing Ashton again in a few days. It feels like it was just yesterday when I last saw him when in reality, five years had already past. He was this thin boy with straight hair and acne all over his face, but his smile never fails to light up my world.  He was the only one there for me when Lauren and my family aren’t. I can’t believe I let him go like that. I can’t believe I let myself lose contact with the only person who knows the real me.

“Sherridy, you okay?” Amanda’s familiar voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I came back to reality and realized we were in the middle of a French clothes shop, looking through all the amount of decent clothing they are selling here.

“I’m fine,” I blinked my eyes a couple of times as I focused my eyes on Amanda, “What were you saying?”

“You’re clearly spacing out,” She chuckled as she tried on a violet dress, placing the dress on top of her chest to see if it will fit her before she tries it on, “I was just wondering. The drummer of 5 Seconds of Summer, Ashton  Irwin, went to the same school as we did right?”

“Um...” I swallowed the lump in my throat as the mention of his name made my heart ache somehow, “Yeah.”

“Wait!” Her gray eyes widened as if realizing something, “Ashton Irwin is your best friend!”

“Yes, yes, he was.”  I admitted sadly, frowning. Amanda noticed and she walked over to me.

“Why? What happened?” She asked, concern clear on his face.

“I don’t know, really,” I sighed, “But one thing is for sure, we haven’t talked in a long time.”

“Then maybe you can,” Amanda pointed out, “On the reunion concert, you can talk to him again and maybe catch up on each other’s life!”

“I hope it’s that easy though...”

“You’re a strong girl, Sherridy,” She placed both of her hands on my shoulders, “I know you can get through this. Why don’t you stop worrying about Ashton and enjoy for now? Your husband took you here to have fun not to stress over a friend you haven’t seen in a long time! I’m sure he’ll understand.”