✿ Chapter 10✿

✿ Chapter 10✿

❝You don't understand, you don't understand

What you do to me when you hold his hand.

We were meant to be but a twist of fate

Made it so we had to walk away.❞

-One Direction, Happily

After years of knowing my only boy best friend, I swear I had memorized him. He doesn’t have a perfect face compared to other boys in my school, but he has a great personality and a smile that is brighter than my future. Just kidding omfg, but really, Ashton’s smile brightens up my day back then when we were both young.

But now, the boy or should I say man standing in front of me looked really different from the boy who I considered my “best friend” five years ago. You know what they all say, a few years could be a really long time.

{A/N: Don’t mind the description I put about Ashton. This is all purely fictional so please don’t go all “his hair is blah blah blah” and “his eyes is a  …color”. I placed them there purposely and with a reason. Now, continue reading!!!}

His hair was now curly compared to the straight ones he had back then.  His hazel eyes were now a light shade of jade, the warm hazel ones I know completely gone.  Strong biceps replaced his once thin arms. Damn, I never thought he will be this hot…

But when I looked into his orbs, they were uncertain and guarded. Like something or someone had caused all of this to him. Forced him to change so much about himself. But the question is, who did?

But what broke my heart the most after seeing my best friend again was the way he looked at me. So emotionless… as if he wasn’t even thrilled or excited to see me in the first place…  as if he didn’t even know who I am… and as if he doesn’t care if I am standing in front of him right now…

This isn’t the Ashton Irwin that I know…

Even if he is angry at me before, he still managed to look silly when he tries his best to ignore me. But he’d obviously fail. After a few hours, we will find ourselves laughing over a silly topic, the anger we feel towards each other completely gone.

“Ash?” I repeated, my voice shaking and my eyes glassy. He remained motionless, a blank expression on his face as he stared down at me with that unfamiliar jade eyes of his. Without thinking, I quickly wrapped my arms tightly around his muscled body.

When I realized that he wasn’t returning the hug, I unwrapped my arms around him and looked into his eyes that had no trace of warmness in them, just pure irritation...?

Ashton is irritated because I am hugging him???

I looked into his eyes again to search for something. Anything. Any emotion or feeling he might feel after seeing me again. But there is none. It’s all just blank.

“Wow, Ashton!” A boy with a weird hair color and pale skin spoke beside Ashton. Wow. I was so caught up with seeing Ashton that I didn’t even notice that he was with three other guys. His band mates, I think?

“She knows you, man!” The same guy patted Ashton at the back but he remained motionless. The boy I knew for years shook his head and walked past me, followed by the guy with blonde quiffed hair and lip piercing.

He hates me. I can feel it. But this is not the same anger that he used to feel towards me when we fight. I know for a fact that this is different.

The two other boys remained, staring at me with a creepy smile on their faces. The one with tan skin extended his hand as if about to introduce himself.

“I’m-”

“Calum Hood, right?” I finished for him, flashing him a smile but obviously failing because I can feel an unexplainable ache in my chest because of how Ashton just treated me minutes later.

“Damn, he knows you too?” The other boy with weird hair color exclaimed almost a little too loud. He then looked at me, his green eyes sparkling as he looked at me, extending his arms as well, like Calum just did, “I’m-”

“Michael Clifford, I know,” I interjected, flashing him a smile as well. I’m impressed at how well I remembered the names of Ashton’s band mate because believe it or not, even if I really don’t like their band, I watched one of their covers once and adored it to death.

“We are big fan of yours!” Michael informed me dreamily as he walked towards me, “Can we get hugs as well?”

“Of course ,” I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around the two tall boys in front of me. They both hugged back happily, compared to what Ashton did a while ago which was the complete opposite. I wanted to cry, but I can’t. Michael and Calum seem so happy to see me. I don’t want to ruin their happiness by crying in front of them.

“Let’s go inside,” I offered and when they agreed, I led them inside. I hesitantly followed them, hearing the deep laughter of the boys in the living room.

Taking a deep breath, I entered the living room anyway. I sat on the couch next to Harry , who kissed my forehead and wrapped an arm around my waist. I looked over to Ashton, who was now occupying the seat that Zayn was sitting at a while ago. He was looking at us, but when he saw me looking at him, he averted his jade eyes away.

“Hey, you alright?” Harry whispered in my ear, because he probably noticed that I was being really quiet.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I lied, forcing a smile as I looked at him. He smiled back at me, his dimples creating a dent on his lower cheek. My husband’s smile warmed my heart and made me feel better. I laid my head on his shoulder and decreased the space between us.

Is this how feels like to have a boyfriend or in my case, a husband? Just by doing little things, he could make you feel better when you are feeling down? Maybe. I don’t have a clue because I never had a boyfriend before, ever.

“How are you guys?” Harry asked the 5 Seconds of Summer lads as they took their seats at the other couch.

“Doing great,” Michael answered as he sat next to blonde tall guy, Luke, if I am not mistaken.

“Seriously lads,” Niall spoke sincerely, “We miss having you four at our tour.”

“We miss touring with you five idiots as well,” Luke smiled at Niall, as he ran his hands through his quiff.

“Let’s congratulate Harry first with his marriage,” Calum announced, everyone’s eyes landing on Harry and I, “Sorry, we didn’t make it, mate. We’re so busy with touring.”

“It’s okay,” Harry nodded his head, “We don’t need wannabe punk rockers there anyway.”

The living room erupted with deep and loud laughter, but I didn’t smile one bit as they shared jokes and funny moment. I need to find out what I did to make Ashton hate me so much.

I need to talk to him… alone.

_______________________________

 heya everyone! It's WUTBMS Version 2.0 FRIDAYS!!!

i had a hard time looking for Ashton Irwin GIFs where he isn't smiling because he is smiling in every single one of them >_< the struggle is real LOL

Comment on what you guys think of this chapter! Pinpoint the mistakes if there are any cause this is UNEDITED, kay? 

thank you for all the patience and i hope you guys enjoy your Saturday!

Please tell me what you think of this chapter, follow me on Twitter for a dedication. @Nouis_Lashton19

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. if you want of course because it will be appreciated

Love lots,

Bela xx.