✿ Chapter 2 ✿

✿ Chapter 2 ✿

❝You made me insecure,

Told me I wasn’t good enough.

But who are you to judge

When you’re a diamond in the rough?❞

-Selena Gomez, Who Says

“Sherridy! Sherridy!” A crowd of people chanted as I modeled in the runway confidently, wearing a high almost five inch red stilettos. They had various banners raised up with my name on it as they cheered for me. I finally finished modeling and went backstage, when someone wrapped his/her arms around me from behind, almost making me jump and scream.

“It’s me babe,” A familiar deep voice whispered huskily in my ears, causing shivers to run down my spine, “You did great in there.”

“You shocked me,” I gasped overdramatically as I placed a hand on my chest, “But kiss me anyway. I love you.”

He smirked at me, making me weak in the knees, "With pleasure, Sherridy. And I love you, too."

My breath hitched in my throat as he started to lean in, his warm breath fanning my mouth until-

"Wake up, Sherridy Mills!" My mom's voice echoed in my room as she continued to wake me up, "You still have school, young lady!"

My mom just had to interrupt my dream! Harry was an inch close to giving me a passionate kiss on the lips! Why Mom? Why? Ugh!

.Damn! School again! Gosh, I know school is important but I really hate school, like a lot. It is basically my hellhole.  I’d rather fangirl the rest of the day than go to school.

Why do I have to go to school every day? I feel like I am not born for school. Not to mention the mean girls at that place who is out to get me and ruin my life.  I should drop out and join a band.

I groaned, "Okay, Mom! I'm up!" I announced, still half asleep as I jumped out of my warm and soft bed.

 "And, Sherridy?" She called from the doorway.

 "Yes Mom?"

 "Your brother had already finished half the breakfast that I had prepared," She informed with a grim smile, "So if I were you, I will hurry."

 She closed the door behind her with a loud slam as I hurriedly got into the shower.

My mom is a very strict woman. She calls me by my full name if she's already starting to get pissed at me.

I wasn't that close to her like other mothers and daughters out there but I wish I was.

My mom was a great woman. She was able to raise me and my little brother, Shane, on her own when Dad left us for another woman.

My dad, let's just say I'm not very fond of him. Maybe he was the reason why my Mom is strict and tough. She doesn't let anyone see her cry or she doesn't show weakness to anyone.

Okay, back to my Dad. He is a womanizer who loves to get drunk and waste his money on the casino. I saw him hurt Mom one night he came home drunk.

It scared me. The scene made me swore to myself that I would never marry an abusive man like my Dad someday.

I want a gentleman, sweet and caring husband. Naah, enough with that. I'm too childish.

~★~★~★~

"You looked tired," My best friend, Lauren told me as we walked to our locker, "Lack of sleep, perhaps?"

 "Yeah," I replied as I struggled to open my locker.