Night-terrors

Sawyer

"Give me your hand, Bonnie girl. I'll lift you."

I reach my hand up to the handsome sixteen-year-old boy with long, inky hair. He pulls me up to sit behind him on a moving pump jack, tucking me close between him and my best friend's older brother.

Carmen wasn't with us tonight because she got grounded. It's unfair because it's my 13th birthday, and I wanted to spend it with the ones I love. Since my father had Church tonight at the clubhouse, the boys decided I couldn't spend my birthday alone. So, I am riding a pump jack with three 16-year-old boys on an oil pad in a pasture.

I feel myself sliding on the jack head as it tilts slowly, wrapping my arms tightly around Storm's middle. Storm, who chuckles, is the leader of our misfit crew. I'm always with my boys. They are my best friends, protectors, and the boys I love; my entire world revolves around them and Carmen. Other than them and my father, I have no one.

Jensen holds me tighter, keeping me from falling. "Relax, Juliet, your Romeo won't let you fall," he utters with his breath tickling my ear.

I feel his dick (I think it's his dick) pressing into my back. What am I supposed to do with that? I just had my first period, so it's probably his hormones. It makes me wonder if he has had sex with girls. Do I want to know the answer to that question? The thought of them kissing a girl who isn't me enrages me. They are my boys.

"This is so high up. I cannot believe I let you jerks talk me into this," I reply with a slight tremble.

"We will make it up to you when we get back to Jen's," Carter purrs from behind Jensen.

"Say nothing else, C," Storm warns him with a rumble I can feel against his back.

I love laying on or against Storm to listen to him talk. Their voices are deep now, but none more so than Storm's. When he speaks, his entire chest vibrates.

I'm suspicious this outing serves a secondary purpose. Carmen has been cagey all day, saying it just because she is grounded, but now I wonder if it's because of this surprise.

"Okay, we rode this thing up and down three times now. Can we please get off? Heights aren't my favorite thing, you jerk." My eyes are squeezed shut, and I have yet to relax.

"We could jump in the pool at my house," JT suggests. "My grandma won't mind so long as we clean up after ourselves."

JT has lived with his grandmother since his parents disappeared about the same time his grandfather died. The police think that JT's parents killed his grandfather, but no one knows for sure other than his grandmother.

"We need to kill some more time, so that will work. Let's go swim," Storm orders.

The boys behind me slide off one by one as the pump tilts up. Storm and I had to ride it back down first because I did not start sliding off in time. It is much scarier without Jen behind me, keeping me steady.

"I'll catch you, Eurydice, just slide on down," Carter coaxes me as the jack goes back up. With my eyes closed, I slide into Carter's powerful arms. Since I first met him two years ago, he is more robust than he looks now. He recently had a growth spurt, shooting up overnight. Here I am with just a barely budding chest, all spindly legs and arms.

"Open your eyes now, little one; I got you. I will always catch you," Carter tells me as I look into his baby blue eyes and then look around at my boys. They are surrounding me.

I meet Jensen's moss-green eyes. "We all will. We will protect you for the rest of our lives, sweet girl."

"We will defend you," JT utters when I meet his ocean blues.