Tears Mixed With Surprise Visit

Sawyer

"Sorry to ruin your night, boss, but I can't get Dillian to stop blubbering so he can get back to work. He keeps saying I don't understand his feelings because I'm not a woman." Cruise keeps his rubbing chin while pacing in front of the door to my office.

My other bestie is not having a good night.

I sigh, needing to first calm Cruise down so that I can deal with my emotional employee. I pull Cruise into a hug. "It's alright, big guy. Dillian will be fine. You did what you needed to do."

"My biggest concern right now is that Carmen and Jeremy are taking the kids for ice cream. It's going to be difficult to put them to bed, but that's on those two." I tease him, giving him a wink.

This is effective in disarming him and lightening the mood. Cruise chuckles, pulling away from me. He is now much more relaxed. "We love to spoil those kiddos of ours," he says proudly.

A smile pulls at my lips. I adore they think of my spawn as much theirs as they are mine. Half the time, it's as if Carmen and the guys birthed both my children instead of me.

I love this family I have created for us. Now if I could focus on something other than how good the other guys were with my children.

Poor Storm was so out of his element with them. It was as if he were afraid Katie and Darius were made of glass and he would break them. Little does he understand my demon spawn will soon have him wrapped around their tiny pinky fingers soon enough.

I heard a heart-wrenching wail coming from my office. I look at Cruise with concern. "If you're feeling better, call someone in to take Dillian's shift. I'll tend to him and then send him home or more than likely to my house after we stop for ice cream and Bailey's to drown his sorrow in," I tell him.

"You think this is because of his boyfriend?" Cruise asks incredulously.

I nod to him before entering my office while he goes to make some phone calls.

"Okay. Dry those tears, D, and tell me all about it. You have practically made a waterfall off my desk," I joke lightly.

Dillian rushes to me, wrapping his arms around me with tears falling to the shoulders of my black v-neck shirt I've tied into a crop top. I paired it with high-waisted skinny jeans to disguise the mom pouch.

"He is such an asshole," he gasps between words.

"What happened?" Dillian sniffles at my question.

His mascara is running down his face. "He broke up with me as soon as he dropped me off. He told me I was just someone to pass the time with. That he never cared for me the way I did for him. He has been fucking another guy behind my back! He told me he loves that guy. He has been cheating on me for over three months!" He sobs angrily.

I rub my hand down Dillian's back. Dillian was so happy with his boyfriend that I thought nothing was odd in their relationship.

"Oh, D. You want me to slash his tires and threaten him with castration for breaking your heart? You know I'll make him bleed for hurting you," I assure him softly. I mean every word.

Dillian releases a breathy laugh. "Oh, hooker, I know you will. He isn't worth it," he says and then takes a shaky breath.

I smirk at him. Damn right, I will.

"Although slashing the tires of his Ferrari will make me feel better," he says mischievously and then winks at me with a grin.

"Let's do it then, on our way to pick up ice cream. I have a brand bottle of Irish cream liquor waiting for you," I taunt, winking back.