Hangover with Memories

Jensen

My mouth is dry, and my head is pounding. I vaguely remember falling asleep in the car while JT chewed our asses out for drinking and fighting. The bikers started it. Storm and I finished it, is all. Were we supposed to let them beat us bloody?

I like to fight, but I'm not a masochist. I don't enjoy pain, but it helps to clear the brain. When I fight I can focus on it with blank uncluttered mine. I can't meditate on shit, so the only way I can achieve mindfulness is while fighting. Or maybe I'm just hyper-focusing? I was diagnosed with ADHA while I was a kid.

There is a knock on my bedroom door. "Hey, Jen. I brought you some painkillers, water, and hair of the dog."

"Thank you, wifey," I say, sitting up in bed and blowing a kiss at Carter.

I feel for him since Storm won't let him out of the apartment unless one of us can be with him. I get it. Carter screwed us and C.H.A.O.S. over royally five years ago. He betrayed us to Razor Grothman, the leader of the Damned Forsaken.

Razor Grothman was reportedly dead, but just after Carley gave birth to Brennan, he kidnapped Sawyer. After that, he went underground. He has made no moves since Sawyer removed his hand. Sidhe embalmed his hand for her. At least, that is what he told me. With having kids, I'm sure she keeps it well hidden.

"I need to go pick up Ajax from the airport. Ryder is sending him over with new software. I'm getting a larger setup." He says with an excited grin.

"Christmas came early, huh?" I asked him, swallowing the pills and then the whole glass of water.

"I guess you could say that. Ajax is scarier than Ransom, Sidhe, and Ryder combined, but he is a genius with a keyboard."

I understand what he saying. Ajax is a killer, plain and simple. He doesn't like shiny things like Ransom, nor does he have multiple personalities like Jaxson. He can't flip the switch on his emotions like Ryder. The man enjoys killing. He lacks any attachments. He would kill the whole team and not blink if Griffen ordered him to do so. He follows Griffen because he respects the man's skill.

Griffen isn't called the Demon Commander in jest. He earned that title when they massacred an entire criminal organization and not just once, but several times over. They wait until officials are gathered and in one fell swoop, obliterate them all. Each member of Fury Corp has a codename of a god of death. These men are even deadlier than the Death Kings combined, and that's saying something since they still take their orders from the Kings.

"Do you need me to go with you?" I asked Carter, wondering if that's why he was telling me about Ajax.

"Yeah. JT was at his club going over paperwork, and Storm was still passed out. I'm not waking him," Carter explains.

I sip my coffee mix with whiskey. I groan at the taste. It's just what I needed to function. "What time does his plane arrive?"

"In thirty minutes."

"Give me fifteen?" I ask him and he nods.

"I made breakfast and managed not to burn anything if you're hungry," he says with pride. He has been learning how to cook lately to help stave off his boredom. He cleans the house too.

"Awe, such a sweet wife. Thank you, Toot toot," I tease.

He bats his blonde lashes at me, shoving at my chest playfully. "Oh, stop that. You're makin' me blush," he drawls in a mixed accent. It's a cross between a Texas drawl and Louisianan twang.