Last Night

Sawyer

I wake up to my face plastered with drool on JT's arm. That is not attractive. "Mornin', Doll. You are gorgeous," JT says with a soft smile on his handsome face. He either has on rose-colored glass or the man has a few marbles loose in his head. I will go with the latter since he is a Death King. They are not mentally well, including me.

"I hope Riggs doesn't view this as cheating," I groan moving my yellow and green stands from my face.

"Nah, cher. We all agreed to share, remember?" JT says before his lips brush mine.

His phone pings. He turns over to remove it from the nightstand while climbing over him. "Storm says breakfast will be ready in thirty minutes," he hollers while I'm in the bathroom.

I yell back. "Wake up Carter, but be nice about it, yeah?"

"I'll be real nice 'bout it, Doll," JT shouts back with a purr that leaves me doubting his words.

I continue with my morning routine of brushing my teeth and hair. While I put my lotion on, I hear Carter cursing JT. "Kass twa, you salop!" I snicker at him telling JT to fuck off while calling him a whore. "I should change your name from Stripper Bear to Salop Bear," he rants stomping into the bathroom.

Damn, Capone! What did you do to him?" I question fighting my laughter at them acting like the boys I knew ten years ago.

"I thought I could help with his morin' wood," he smirks. "Not my problem he woke up thinkin' I be you."

"That doesn't tell me what you did. Just leaves me with more questions," I tell him.

"There is no such thing as a friendship BJ you asshole!" Carter snaps crossing his arm over his chest and leans against the sink after washing his hands, glaring at JT.

"Sure is, mon amie," JT rebuts leaning against the doorway.

"You're just like Kage! It's why you both get along so well. You whore yourselves to glean information and then kill them when you're done since the dead tell no tales," Carter snarls, and JT's face darkens like thunder.

"Yeah. I was a whore, me," JT deadpans. He just clicked off his emotions, I recognize that look all too well. Not only from my family but when I look in the mirror. He walks away.

"You kass couyon! That was uncalled for and you know it. You're just mad because you liked it. Sex is sex. It's animal and primal. There are no gender boundaries when it comes to it. Just look at animals! They don't even care about gender. I've seen a stud-horse get excited over a gelding they found attractive so don't even attempt to contradict me on this." I take a deep sigh shaking my head.

"Think it over, but don't take your self-loathing out on others. He said he was whore, as in past tense. You might put yourself in his shoes, it should be easy enough for you. He could have spit words at you to hurt you and he just walked away. You might contemplate that too," I say and walk into the bedroom to put clothes on.

JT is fully dressed sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. I mill around the room putting my clothes on. Once dressed, I sit down beside him, pulling my hair up in a ponytail. "Wanna talk about it?"

He looks at me with regret in his sapphire eyes. "He is right. I did that. I was a whore, it's how I gained information. Tongues become loose when endorphins kick in."

"You keep saying was. What changed?"

"We finally got to come home. We get to plant our roots and not have to leave. No more assignments unless they're local," JT says with a hint of joy.