Sword Fight

Riggs

There are four other men in my Viper's life vying for her affection, but they aren't as important as her father and her two children. Her children are precious and a lot like their mother. It makes me long for the family I lost.

My oldest son would have been fifteen, like the three teenage boys present. Two of them playing while one watching with trepidation. Ash wants to join in the fun, but I don't think knows how to invite himself. This kid needs a new family who will support him. I wanted to be that person from the moment I stepped in to see what was being done to him. I'm drawn to the kid, and it's not that I have white knight syndrome. I can't save Ash, but I can help him. I give him a safe space when he isn't at school.

"Let's seek off so we can make these guys wish they were to give that just fucked glow," I whisper in the ear. I have her backside pulled flush against the front of my body so can feel how hard I am against her lower back.

"That is so not happening!" A supermodel-esque woman says tugging Sawyer out of my arms. Her eyes narrowed on me. "No fucking my bestie in my house unless you're my brother."

I look at the other men and pick the one who looks the most like Meyer's family. I need to get him good graces if that's the so we can both have her. This way I won't be injured by the Serpent's Witch. She is the Viper's second in command.

The only reason I know all of this is I've been an officer for Nate's Club for about seven years now. The Death Angels are partnered with the Seraphim Serpents. We provide added protection to their businesses.

I chuckle with my hands in the air while backing away from Sawyer. "I know better than to cross the Witch," I say with a grin and smirk.

Her face splits into a sinister rictus before she cackles, drawing all eyes to us. I walk to Ash, gently knocking into his arm with mine. I understand all too well not wanting unwelcome touches.

"Avast me matey, shall we go be scallywags an' join the fray?" I say in my best pirate voice, which has the teenager smiling once again like he did earlier when I asked if he was a landlubber or a man of the sea.

"C-c-can we?" he asked tentatively. My heart aches for this kid. He is lacking all confidence. That's something I know all too well. Before I joined the MC, I was this kid. I know shocker! I'm a very self-assured danger noodle these days.

"Aye. Let's grab our cutlasses and be on our way," I suggest, gesturing to the barrel where two foam swords are left.

"I don't know how to use a s-s-sword," he stammers.

"That's okay. Me neither. I be an axe throwin' kind o' scallywag," I reply with a wink. "Let's just go have fun before we lose our chance. We can learn together. Or have that fabulous twink teach us a thing or two?"

In a flash of sparkle, we watch as the aforementioned Dillian slices his form sword across the blonde man dressed in light gray pinstriped pants and vest, with his emerald silk shirt rolled up to his elbows. This person is well versed in sword fighting, almost as if they have had decades' worth of formal training.

"Hey, gorgeous! You would you be a doll and teach us the way of the sword?" I shout at them.

Their almond eyes look at us as we walk to the barrel to get our weapons. "Anything for you, Riggs," Dillian purrs and I grin. We both enjoy harmlessly flirting with one another. They know I'm with Sawyer. They caught us together that night I was helping them at the club. We've been shamelessly flirting ever since, much to the other staff's annoyance.

They sashay on their glittering stiletto boots toward us with their sword resting on their shoulder. They have one sparkling manicured hand resting on the hilt. They ooze grace, which I lack. They are gazelle while I'm a bull in a China shop. I have more bruises on my body from running into things than I do from fights.

"Hello, little lion cub," Dillian says, reaching out a hand to Ash. The boy looks at Dillian with confusion.

I take Dillian's hand, bringing it to my lips for a soft kiss. "You wound me, gorgeous. Where's my hello?" I feign being hurt by their actions.

They give a dainty laugh, lightly slapping me on the shoulder with the other. "You are too much wanting all my attention. He cups my cheek with his hand I'm not holding to my chest. "You know I love ya, Boo," they assure me with a wink.

I grin. Then look at the shock on Ash's face. Dillian looks at the teenager as well and gasps. "Oh, cub. We are playing around. He has a taste of the rainbow, so I know I don't stand a chance of having that dick to myself. I'm one man person."

I think Dillian's explanation is only making it more difficult for the kid's drug-addled to process. "Dillian and I are friends, kiddo."

"You know my name now, so what's yours, cub?" Dillian questions.

"Asher," he responds. So, Ash is his nickname. I am proud of him for not stuttering.

"Well, Asher the lion cub, do you want to learn kenjutsu?" Dillian asks him.

Ash's face lights up as he nods empathically. This kid makes me miss my son. None will replace the child I lost, but that doesn't mean I cannot open my heart to other children. Ash might not know it yet, but he has already affected my life deeply. It's time for me to focus on the present and future instead of drowning in my past regrets.

I follow along with Dillian's instructions while sword fights continue all around us. I'm unsure if it's Captain Pop's crew who won Captain Dare's when Mr. Meyer hollers at us to come eat before the pizza gets any colder.