IX.

Chapter Nine.

Wednesday.

Justice coughed loudly and covered his nose with one arm as the strong scent of chemicals invaded his nostrils. He was in the process of cleaning the bathroom per his mother's request.

Being the hardheaded person that he was, Justice mixed together a concoction of bleach, OxiClean, Comet and a dash of vinegar to clean the tub with.

Now, he was starting to regret it. The smell was so powerful that he was feeling dizzy and he was pretty sure his nostril hairs had been burned off.

"Fuck this." He mumbled, standing to his feet carefully before going over to the bathroom window and raising it up. As the air from outside began to flow in, a sigh left his lips. Finally, he would be able to breathe better.

Justice then got back on his knees in front of the tub, picking the sponge up and scrubbing thoroughly. It took him about ten minutes to clean the tub itself and then the tile shower walls. He rinsed everything down the drain with the detachable shower head, before cutting the water off.

The tub was now squeaky clean. With a 'whew', Justice got up and moved over to the sink. He sprayed it down with a bottle full of purple Fabuloso and sprinkled a little Comet, before scrubbing the sink with the sponge just like he did for the tub.

Justice didn't mind cleaning at all. He wasn't working yet, and was just here all day in his mother's home, so the least he could do was make sure she came back to a clean house after work.

Plus, he needed something to occupy his mind. He loved to stay busy, which was why he was itching to get a job. Being at home all day bothered him. He was never the type to sit still, so this was like torture.

Over the course of 30 minutes or so, Justice cleaned the rest of the bathroom which included wiping the mirrors down, mopping, cleaning the toilet, putting more tissue on the tissue holder, etc.

When he was finished, he placed the cleaning supplies back underneath the cabinet and made sure to close the window back before exiting the bathroom.

Justice made his way towards the front of the house, making a turn into the kitchen. This would be his next task. He started off by washing the dishes, which wouldn't take him long since there weren't very many in the sink. Lucky him.

After knocking the dishes out, Justice cleaned the stove, the oven, the inside of the microwave, wiped down the counters, and mopped the floor.

When the floor dried, he went over it with a broom to get up any trash or particles that he might've missed when mopping.

Justice rung the mop out in the sink, before placing it inside of the kitchen's storage closet.

And just like that, he was done. His feet carried him out of the kitchen and into the living room, where he plopped down on the couch with a groan.

Pulling out his phone, he unlocked it and checked his notifications. Justice finally broke down and decided to get a Tiktok and Instagram. He didn't see himself posting on either of the platforms, but he had to admit that Tiktok did have some pretty entertaining videos. He found himself laughing at something on there just about every day.

He then realized that his Gmail had a new notification, so he clicked into the app. When it loaded, the latest email popped up. Justice gulped as he saw it was from Amazon.

Hesitantly, he clicked into it. Justice braced himself before his eyes scanned over the screen as he began to read.

The email read as follows:
Greetings, Mr. Bennett. This is Cedrick McCalon, whom you met with on Monday for an interview. After much consideration, it is my pleasure to officially welcome you to the Amazon family. Congratulatio-