XXXIV.

Chapter Thirty Four.

One week later.

"Y'all can sit it up against that wall. 'Preciate it." Justice spoke to the movers as they brung in his brand new, tightly wrapped couch.

Thankfully, he was approved for the apartment and officially moved in today. He had no idea on how to furniture shop, so Kitana and Mrs.Bennett helped out.

The larger items such as he and Lani's bed frames, dressers, mattresses, couch, entertainment center, coffee table, lounge chairs and end tables all came from a local furniture store.

Everything else like lamps, rugs, potted plants, curtains, decorations, wall pictures, etc. came from a mixture of Ross, Wayfair, and Amazon.

Lastly, the appliances such as the toaster, blender, and air fryer were from Walmart.

As a 'housewarming gift', Kitana got him a Martha Stewart cookware set that was equipped with a variety of pots, pans, spatulas, and silverware. It was really good quality too, being that she paid around $120 for it. She didn't min though because he deserved the best of the best.

Justice wasn't much of a cook, but Tana was slowly teaching him how to make different dishes. Since Ilani would be staying with him a lot now, he'd obviously have to feed her and buying fast food or frozen foods all of the time wasn't going to cut it.

They both needed nice, nutritional home cooked meals.

When the movers were done bringing everything in, Justice paid them and thanked them for their time.

"Congratulations, handsome. You now have your own place!" Kitana cheered, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'm so proud of you, baby boy. You just don't understand."

"Thank you, mama." He kissed her lips. "I feel so blessed right now, man." Justice said, looking around the space in pure amazement. He almost shed a tear.

He thought back to all of the nights that he laid awake, worrying about the future. Justice would stress himself out to the max, wondering if he'd ever amount to anything. Trying to bounce back after being in prison was a struggle, but luckily, he was able to lock in and get his shit together.

Thanks to the people around him, he had the capability to accomplish everything he said he wanted to. With his clothing line taking off, Justice was quite literally making money in his sleep.

He vowed to do something special for everyone, and he stood on that. They poured into him and believed in him, so it was only right that he reciprocated that.

"As you should." Kitana replied, flicking his bottom lip. He laughed, moving his face away.

"Alright, what should we start on first?" She inquired, rolling up the sleeves of her peach colored GAP sweatshirt.

"I'm finna get these boxes unpacked so I can put my stuff in the drawers and closet." Justice replied, pulling his dreads into a ponytail with the scrunchie that was on his wrist.

Since he didn't take any furniture from his mother's house, the only things he had were clothes and shoes. There was no need for him to bring anything extra since all of his furnishings were brand new.

"Okay, well I'll start working on Lani's room." Kitana said.

It was quite obvious that the second bedroom of his apartment was for Ilani. As of lately, she had gained an obsession with That Girl Lay Lay, whom was a singer and actress that catered to young girls. She even had her own Nickelodeon show.

Justice and Kitana went to Walmart and got all of the decorations and whatnot to fully deck out her room in a That Girl Lay Lay theme, and planned on surprising her with it when she came over tomorrow. They already knew she was going to be super excited when she saw it.