XXIX.

Chapter Twenty Nine.

After Justice went to Jace's house to get the necessary money, he drove to Cook County Department of Corrections as instructed. Since he didn't know exactly how much it would cost to bail Jace out, he took the whole amount that was in the shoe box which was $1,300.

Justice found an open parking spot and whipped into it, before putting the vehicle in park and hopping out. It was pretty chilly outside, considering they were now in the month of October.

He rubbed his hands together, before stuffing them into the pockets of his burgundy Essentials hoodie.

He entered the dull and lifeless building, a mug on his face. Simply being here brung back terrible memories from his past endeavors. Justice hated anything dealing with jail or prison in general.

He approached the desk, seeing someone sitting there. Justice stood patiently, waiting to be acknowledged.

"Yes sir, what can I do for you?" The bald Caucasian male at the front desk whom was dressed in a police uniform inquired, looking up from the newspaper he was reading. His eyes then scanned Justice up and down.

"I'm here to pick up my brother. First name Jace, last name Bennett. He came in around five this morning."

"Ah, the hothead." The male chuckled sarcastically, standing from his seat. "You do know he has to be bailed out, correct?"

"Yeah, I know. I got the money with me." Justice stated, fighting the urge to smack his lips. Did this man think he was dumb or something? Obviously Jace had to be bailed out, that was common sense.

"Come with me." He grunted, coming from behind the desk. He was tall and large, similar to Hulk Hogan.

Leading Justice down a hall, he took him to where bail bond payments could be made.

"Debby here will further assist you." The male said, before walking off.

The woman, whom Justice assumed was 'Debby', looked at him with a smile. He could see the gold tooth that was in the front of her mouth visibly.

"Hey sugarfoot, what can I do for you?" She asked.

"I need to pay bail for my brother, Jace Bennett."

Debby typed on the computer in front of her, waiting a few seconds. "Ah, here we are. Yes, Jace Bennett. Okay, so it'll be $350."

Reaching into his pocket, Justice pulled out the envelope that was stacked with cash. He then grabbed three, crisp hundred dollar bills and a single fifty dollar bill. He handed the money to the woman, who took it into her hands with ease. She placed it into a cash register and printed a paper out stating that the fee was paid. She stamped it, before handing the paper to Justice.

"Okay, that's all taken care of. Feel free to have a seat back at the front and your brother will be out in a few minutes."

"Aight, 'preciate you."

"Sure thing, sweetheart." She replied.

Justice walked back to where he came from which was near the front desk, and sat down in one of the hard chairs that was available.

To pass the time, he pulled his phone out and scrolled through his Instagram timeline. Not really seeing anything interesting, he closed out of the app and placed the device back in his pocket.

Ten minutes later, Jace came into view. When Justice placed his eyes on his younger brother, he simply shook his head. Jace's face was bloody and swollen. He had a black eye and busted lip. There was a long scratch on his face that went from his nose to his chin. His clothes were covered in dry blood and what seemed to be dirt.