XVIII.

Chapter Eighteen.

Friday.

"Jace, you gotta help me out." Justice ran a hand down his face as he sat on top of the granite counter in his brother's medium sized kitchen.

It had been a while since they kicked it due to Jace being M.I.A, so Justice took it upon himself to pull up after work.

The last time they physically spoke, they weren't on the best of terms but they were past that now. The two brothers knew they couldn't stay upset at one another forever, even if they tried.

"Wassup?" The younger male inquired, rolling up a wood. He nodded his head to Ferris Wheel by Young Nudy as it played in the background.

"I'm taking Kitana out tomorrow night and I don't have nothin' to wear. All the shit in my closet is basic and lame, I need sumn' fly." Justice explained.

"Okay.." Jace trailed off, "So go buy sumn' fly nigga."

"Nigga, I barely even know what music is popular right now. How am I supposed to go find some shit to put on and I don't know how to dress?"

"Aight, aight. I'll help you find some drip. But first, you gotta tell me where you taking her."

"So I found this lil' retro candle store and they have classes where you can make your own candles and customize 'em with specific scents. They even offer food and drinks. Then after that, I'm taking her to the lake."

Justice went online a few days prior, trying to get an idea of where he wanted to take Tana. The typical going out to eat, movies, or bowling was played out. Plus, he was trying to be on some grown man shit. In his eyes, he was a 'playa' as he put it and had to come with something better than that.

Jace stared at his brother, blinking a few times. "That shit sound corny, G."

Justice smacked his lips. "Bitch, it's not corny. It's romantic and I wanna impress Kitana to the fullest. You so used to just sticking yo' dick in every bitch, I bet you ain't even been on a real date before."

The younger male sucked his teeth. "Aye, I'm young and turnt. Allat lovey dovey shit ain't for me."

"You gone be young and burning too, keep it up. Infested dick havin' ass." Justice mumbled, earning the side eye from Jace.

"Whateva'. Anyways, is we going shopping or not?"

"Yeah. You driving? Cause I'm tired. Ion feel like it." Justice said, hopping down from the counter.

"Gotchu'." Jace nodded, tucking the now rolled wood behind his ear like a cig. He then grabbed his car keys as Justice followed behind him.

The pair exited the apartment, and Jace locked it behind them. They trotted down the concrete steps, before heading to the parking lot. Jace hit the unlock button on his car remote, before both he and Justice walked over to the vehicle and got in.

"So, you really like Kitana huh?" The younger brother inquired as he started the car up.

"Hell yeah." Justice nodded, causing his brother to chuckle.

"Yo' big softy ass. Nah, but I think y'all match well. She's a good fit for you. You need somebody like that to mellow you out." He'd never saw his brother this head over heels for a woman, not even Tyler. Sure, he loved her at a point but it was puppy love.

" 'Preciate it." They slapped hands with each other, before Jace backed out of the parking spot.

Justice would never admit it, but he was nervous for tomorrow. He hadn't been on a date in forever, probably since high school when he and Tyler first began dating. He just hoped that Kitana enjoyed everything he had planned, and that they both had a great time.