XXVI.

Chapter Twenty Six.

Next day.

"Thank you, daddy." Kitana smiled as her father pulled out her chair so that she could sit down. She was currently out to eat with both of her parents, being that she hadn't seen them in some time. They called this morning and basically scolded her for not being as communicative as she could've been, before inviting her out for lunch.

"Of course." He nodded, then went to pull out a chair for his wife.

"Thank you, babe." Charisse thanked him, plopping down.

Being the nice father and husband that he was, Ezekiel decided to treat his girls to Azul Mariscos, which was a Latin-inspired seafood spot along the Chicago river. Based on the Google reviews, the food and drinks were top tier.

"Baby, you look so pretty!" Her mother exclaimed, taking in her appearance. She was sporting a green 'Solid Shirred tube top & split hem pants' matching set from SHEIN. On her feet were a pair of ivory and gold Tory Burch sandals. A medium sized saddle bag was on her arm. To accessorize, gold teardrop earrings were in her ears and a gold plated necklace that read 'Tana' was around her neck. A few bracelets were on her wrists, along with a watch.

Her knotless braids were pulled up into a neat bun and her edges were laid.

"Thank you momma." She grinned. "You look pretty too! You know, I get my good looks from you."

"This is true." Charisse said, flipping her honey blonde highlighted hair over her shoulder confidently. She was dressed in a plain purple maxi dress from Micas that was fitted to her body. On her feet sat a pair of multicolored 'Kensington T-Bar' sandals by Kurt Geiger and the bag on her arm matched. Her favorite pair of Michael Kors frames sat on the top of her head, pulling the look together.

"You both look wonderful." Zeke chimed in. "Tana Banana, it's good to see you." He called her by her horrendous childhood nickname.

She playfully rolled her eyes, before chuckling. "Thank you but daddy, I thought you promised to stop calling me that way back when I turned sixteen?"

"I lied." He shrugged, earning a laugh from his wife.

"Oh my God, corny lame boooo! Tomato, tomato, I'm throwing tomatoes." She quoted the TikTok sound, acting as if she was really throwing something.

Her parents blankly looked at her, unsure of what she was even talking about. They only had Facebook in regards to social media platforms.

"Don't even worry about it." Kitana put her hand up before they could start asking questions.

"Anywho, what's new? Tell us everything." Her mother urged.

"Nothing much." Tana shrugged, looking down at her nails. "I've just been working a little more than usual like I told you over the phone momma."

"How are you mentally?" Zeke inquired.

"I'm great." Kitana nodded, lifting her head up. "I was a little stressed a few weeks ago, but as of lately I've been doing muy bueno." She smiled, speaking a little Spanish.

"That's good to hear, baby girl."

"Anything exciting going on?" Charisse raised a brow and smirked, putting emphasis on the word exciting. Kitana already knew what she was trying to hint at. She wanted to hear about her daughter's love life.

Tana remained quiet, causing both of her parents to look at her.

"Welll.." Her mother leaned closer.

"Okay, fine. If you must know, I just recently began dating some-"

"See, I knew I was right! I want my money, Zeke." Charisse cheered, holding out her hand towards her husband. He mumbled under his breath, reaching into his pocket to grab his leather two toned Georgio Armani wallet.