XXVIII.

Chapter Twenty Eight.

Wednesday.

Today was the day of the field trip, which everyone was very excited about. The past few weeks at the school had been hectic due to benchmark testing and just everything that had been going on overall. It was time for a well needed break.

The buses would be arriving at 9:00, and they'd be departing the school by 9:15. It was currently 8:52, so everyone was gathered in the cafeteria to wait. The kids had the option to play board games or just talk amongst themselves, while the teachers and the parents who would be attending the field trip as well mingled.

"Girl, I had to bring out my play shoes today. I just know these kids are about to go ballistic at that museum." Morgan said, rotating her foot around to show Kitana her shoes, which were a pair of pink Nike Air Presto's.

Usually, she'd be in flats or heels but she had to switch it up for the sake of the field trip. There would be a lot of walking and possibly running around today.

"I feel you! Before I left the house this morning, I initially-" her sentence was cut short when she felt a tap on the shoulder.

Turning around slowly, she looked up and saw Justice. Just at the sight of him, her heart began to thump. She had the urge to give him the biggest hug and kiss but had to remember what type of environment they were in.

"Good morning, Mr.Bennett." Kitana smiled, sending him a quick and sly wink as she held her hand out for him to shake.

"Mornin', Ms.Kirkland." He smirked, taking her hand into his larger one. His eyes roamed her, badly wanting to do more than just shake her hand.

Justice didn't give a damn about the kids, staff, or parents that were around. If he had the opportunity to, he'd pull Kitana closer by her throat and stick his tongue in her mouth. He wasn't going to let his intrusive thoughts win, though. That would probably cost her, her job and get him banned from campus.

"Thank you for joining us this morning. Um, Ms.Hanks this is Ilani's father." Kitana spoke, using emphasis so that Morgan would be able to put two and two together. She had yet to see Justice in person, so this would be her first time officially meeting him.

"Oh..oh!" Morgan's eyes widened briefly, shooting Tana a toothy grin. "It's nice to meet you, Mr.Bennett."

"You as well." He replied, shaking her hand.

"Did you make sure to sign in at the front and get your visitors pass?" Kitana asked, pushing her glasses higher on the bridge of her nose since they were slightly falling.

"Yes, I did." Justice nodded, showing her the badge that was attached to his jacket.

"Okay, awesome. So,-"

"Hi daddy!" Lani came running over, immediately jumping on her father. She was aware that he'd be chaperoning today, and could hardly contain her excitement. Kitana made her promise not to tell her mother, not even wanting to deal with that type of drama.

I wish I could jump on him too. Kitana thought to herself.

With a wide smile, he picked her up into his arms. "Wassup twin!" Justice kissed her cheeks multiple times, earning giggles from the child. "You look cute lil' ma, you picked out your own clothes?"

"Uh-huh! All by myself." Lani said proudly. She was wearing a white long sleeved shirt that said 'Angel' across the front in blue sequin letters, a pair of light wash boyfriend jeans, with some low 'Next Nature' Nike Dunks. Her braids were in a half up half down style, and a hair bow was pinned the front of her ponytail to accessorize.