XXXVIII.

Chapter Thirty Eight.

TRIGGER WARNING

One week later.

"Seriously, close y'all's eyes." Kitana laughed as she sat in front of her parents with Justice at her side. She was about to reveal her pregnancy to them, despite being nervous as ever.

"Tana, you know I don't like surprises." Zeke said hesitantly, shutting his eyes. She sucked her teeth, reaching into a bag and pulling out two shirts just like she'd done with Lani and Justice.

"Readyyy?" She dragged out, and they nodded. Justice had his phone in hand, already recording.

Kitana then placed the shirts in their open hands.
"Okay, look."

Both Mr. and Mrs. Kirkland opened their eyes, looking at the shirts.

"Wait, what? Tana, is this a joke?" Charisse held a stunned expression.

"Nope, y'all are gonna be grandparents." Kitana rubbed her stomach over her black bodysuit.

"Oh my God!" The older woman began to cry tears of joy as she clapped, while Zeke simply smiled proudly.

"Congratulations baby girl." He stood from the couch, pulling Kitana up from the ottoman and into a hug. She smiled as well, feeling her eyes water.

"Thank you, daddy." Tana wiped her cheeks as the tears fell.

After releasing from the hug, Zeke slapped hands with Justice before pulling him into a manly hug.

Meanwhile, Tana and her mother cried together while hugging.

"My baby is having a baby, I can't believe it." Charisse sniffled, grabbing some Kleenex from the box on the nightstand to gently pat her eyes dry. "Got me messing up my mascara." She mumbled, causing Justice and Kitana to laugh.

"How far along are you?" Her father asked, now sitting back down and rubbing his wife's back to soothe her.

"Two months." Tana beamed happily.

"You ready for motherhood?"

With a sigh, she shrugged yet her smile still remained present.

"I mean, yes and no. I don't know." She told them truthfully. "If there's anything I've learned just by doing my own research and even seeing y'all in action growing up, it's that parenting doesn't come with a rule book. I'm not gonna try and be this perfect mom but I will do my absolute best. I'm gonna do everything that I possibly can to ensure that our baby is happy, healthy, well taken care of, safe, and most importantly loved." Kitana spoke, grabbing Justice by the hand. He leaned over, kissing her temple.

"You're absolutely right, baby." Charisse nodded. "Listen, I want y'all to know that I'm overly joyed to become a grandmother. I love y'all so much, and we will be here to support along the way no matter what."

"Indeed, we will. Tana, I don't want you worrying or stressing because everything will turn out just fine." Ezekiel added on to what his wife said. "Oh and Justice, I know you'll take good care of my little girl. You already have thus far."

"Yes sir, you know I'll forever hold Kitana down. This woman means everything to me plus more. Im so happy that she's carrying my child and that I have her in my life." The brown skin male said truthfully, causing more tears to spill from his girlfriend's eyes.

"I love you so much." She told him, throwing her arms around his neck.

"I love you more, baby." Justice told her, hugging her tightly. "You know I got you. I got us, forever."