XXIII.

Chapter Twenty Three.

One week later.

Today was Kitana's Sunday Reset. Every Sunday, or at least every other Sunday, she took the time out to get chores done such as cleaning her room and whatever other parts of the house were dirty, doing laundry, and overall just mentally preparing herself for the week ahead.

Plugging the vacuum into a socket, she turned the device on and began to vacuum her carpet. She went in sections, making sure to hit every area and corner of her room.

It took her about seven minutes, and then she was done. Powering the loud device off, she began to wrap the long black cord back around the attached holder on the back of the vacuum, before pushing it out of her room.

Kitana then stored it away in her hall closet, where it usually sat. Going back into her bedroom, she sprinkled some Glade carpet freshener in the scent 'fresh linen'. It was a staple household item.

She was now finished with the whole room. Her bed was made with the pillows fluffed, her furniture was dusted, her vanity was cleaned off, and now her carpet was vacuumed and free from any trash or debris.

Going into the bathroom, Kitana grabbed her dirty clothes hamper. It was a bit heavy, but she could manage. Heading downstairs, she carefully went step by step so that she wouldn't trip and fall. She hated not being able to hold on to the railing because her balance would be off.

Successfully making it downstairs with no issues, she turned the corner and headed to her laundry room. Flipping on the light with her elbow, she sat the basket down. "Whew!" Kitana exclaimed, opening the top of the washing machine.

She began to load the clothes in, before grabbing her Tide detergent. Taking the top off, she poured in half a cap full before twisting it back on.

Kitana then set her washer to heavy load and turned the temperature knob from cold to warm, before pressing start. Once it began to release water, she shut the lid. Turning the light back off, she exited the laundry room.

Dragging her feet to the living room, she saw that it wasn't too bad but it still needed a good cleaning.

Before getting started, she turned on her tv. Once it was on, she went to YouTube. Kitana always liked to play music while she cleaned up, it motivated her.

"If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys." She said towards the remote, pressing down on the button with the microphone printed on it, using voice command.

The tv then pulled up various options, and Kitana selected just the audio version of the song instead of the actual music video. She didn't know why, but she didn't like watching music videos. Come to think of it, she hadn't watched one since college.

As the music started up, she placed the remote down on the coffee table. Kitana began to adjust the pillows on her couch since they looked crooked and out of place. From there, she folded her favorite throw blanket and draped it neatly over the edge of the couch before smoothing any wrinkles out gently with her hand.

Kitana then straightened out the large area rug and made sure all of the corners were laying flat. Standing back up straight, she moved to the coffee table. She grabbed all of the items that were on it and sat them on the floor.

Walking out of the living room, she went to the kitchen and looked in the cabinet that was under the sink. She grabbed the furniture polish, along with a rag. Exiting the kitchen, Kitana walked back into the living room.

Going over to the dusty coffee table, she sprayed a generous amount of the polish on before wiping it down with the rag. Once she was done, it was looking spotless, just how she liked.