X.

Chapter Ten.

"Sign here, then initial here." Zeke told Justice as he sat across from him in his office. Justice took the fancy looking black ballpoint pen from the man, doing as told. He placed the tip to the dotted line on the paper, smoothly writing his name in cursive.

After two hours of being here, Justice was finally about to get his car.

Once that was done, Zeke smiled as he grabbed the pen back from Justice and reached over to stamp the paperwork. "Congratulations, Mr.Bennett. You now have yourself a new ride." The older gentleman handed him the keys to the metallic colored Nissan Sentra SR CVT.

"Thank you so much, Mr.Kirkland. You really came through for me." Justice thanked him for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Don't mention it." Zeke waved him off playfully. "You take care of yourself, alright? The car should be right out front. I alerted one of my workers to bring it from around back."

"Yes sir, I will. And bet, thank you." Justice nodded, standing up from the chair. They shook hands, and said their goodbyes before Justice exited the office.

A sigh of relief left his mouth as he could barely hide the smile that was on his face. He felt like a weight was lifted from his shoulders.

Things were really looking up for him, and he was beyond grateful. Being approved for a job, and a vehicle all within the same day? Justice couldn't help but to be overwhelmed with happiness.

He knew his mother was tired after being at work all day, so he told her to go home an hour ago. She was kind enough to bring him up here, and fortunately he would be able to take himself back home now that he'd have transportation.

Justice exited EK Motors, and walked outside to an almost dark sky. The sun was going down, being that it was now 7:45 at night.

He caught a glimpse of his ride, and saw Kitana standing not too far away from it. Justice wasn't expecting her to still be here, but he was glad she was.

"Looks like I'm taking this bad boy wit' me." Justice called out, catching her attention. She tore her eyes away from her phone and looked up. A smile then graced her face as he held up the keys and jingled them.

"So I heard. Congratulations!" Kitana stated, walking over to where he stood. "This is a beautiful car." She admired the shiny exterior of the vehicle.

"Yeah..but not as beautiful as you, though." Justice said, before pausing. He didn't intend to actually say that out loud, even though he was thinking it.

"Oh- why, thank you." Kitana smiled and looked down at her shoes, which had switched from heels to Nike slides since she'd been standing up most of the day and her feet were killing her.

"My bad, I-...it slipped out." Justice said, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing. Kitana was too, but luckily for her it wasn't as noticeable.

"No need to apologize, you're fine." She reassured him with a small laugh.

It then fell silent. Kitana cleared her throat, finally looking up. "Um, my dad likes to include a goodie basket for anybody who gets a car from him so there's one in the passenger side seat. I would know because I put it together." She chuckled.

"Word? I 'preciate it. Thank you." Justice replied.

"Yeah, sometimes I help out around here. I do little stuff like put the baskets together or refill the coffee station. Nothing too major." Kitana rambled. "Anywho, I know I'm probably talking your ear off. I'll let you go. Once again, congratulations on your new car.." she trailed off, waiting for him to fill in the blank.