XLI.

Chapter Forty One.

Five days later.

Staring at nothing in particular, Justice sat in the drivers seat of his vehicle with an unreadable expression plastered on his face. He was currently outside of the LG Family Counseling & Wellness Center, which was where he had to go for his first appointment. It started in exactly two minutes, and the male couldn't seem to push himself to actually get out of the car and walk in.

A low sigh left from his lips as he ran his tattooed hand down his face. Justice knew that this process was going to be hard for him, but it was the only way that he could better himself. If he continued to let his emotions bottle up, he was bound to explode at any given moment.

Watching as the clock finally hit 10:00, Justice allowed his brain and the rest of his body to connect as he finally cut the car off and got off, closing the door behind him. He locked the car, before stuffing his keys and phone into his pocket and pulling his pants up.

He walked up to the glass double doors of the building, and opened the one on the right side since it said 'entrance' on it. Stepping into the unfamiliar territory, a slight breeze whipped past Justice's face.

The interior was pretty nice, and it actually wasn't crowded at all. Only two other people occupied the waiting area, which was equipped with two large flat screens and a whole coffee bar.

Walking up to the front desk, Justice cleared his throat to get the Hispanic woman's attention as she typed on her computer.

"Hi, good morning. What can I do for you today?" She greeted him politely.

"Yeah, uh..my name is Justice Bennett. I scheduled my appointment online with Dr.Patton for 10:00." He told her, fidgeting with the chain around his neck and shifting his weight from foot to foot. He was beyond nervous, and it was clear. The man couldn't stay still, even if his life depended on it.

"Ah, yes I see you right here." She nodded, squinting at the computer screen. "It's a good thing you did everything online. Go ahead and head to the back, third door on the left. Dr.Patton will be in shortly to see you."

"Aight, 'preciate you." He gave her a slight head nod, before making his way to the wooden door that led to the private offices. Justice went to the back, following the instructions he was given.

He stopped in front of the third door on the left, and grabbed for the handle. The male opened the door, and peeped in. Seeing an empty and well furnished office, he fully entered it and shut the door behind him. There was plenty of light coming in from the large open window, which gave the room some life.

There was a solid oak desk with a computer on it, as well as some picture frames. The pictures were of Dr.Patton and her family. Her PhD was also framed, and could be seen clearly. It stated her full name, college, and the year she graduated along with other information.

Adjacent to the desk was a plush couch and a small table in front of it. On the table was a basket that held what seemed to be fidget toys and miscellaneous items.

Justice walked around, looking at pretty much every inch of the office. Once he heard the door handle rattling, the male quickly took a seat on the couch just as Dr.Patton entered the room.

She was an older Black woman with hair that stopped mid back, traces of grey in it. The woman was dressed nicely in a button down shirt with fitted slacks, heels on her feet. In her hand was a cup of coffee, which had a strong aroma coming from it. The coffee smell meshed well with the vanilla scented perfume she had on.

Dr.Patton sat the cup down, before turning to Justice with a warm smile. "Good morning. My name is Dr. Angelique Patton. You're Justice, right?" She walked closer to him, holding out her hand for him to shake.