Chapter 2: The Necessities

"Hello?" Tati answered the phone.
"Hey. I know we settled on the pink dress but I literally have no shoes to go with this."
"Then go back to the store."
"But that's so far."
"Loren. I don't know what you want me to do."
Loren rolled her eyes on the other side of the phone.

"Whatever, what're you doing?"
"Sitting in my room." Tati answered.
"Did you tell your mom about the party? Is she coming?"
"I didn't get to ask. She told me to go to my room."
"Are you 7? Why?"
"I don't know but she's got some guy sitting in our chair. It's kind of stressing me out. She looked nervous and I've never seen him before." Tati explained.
"Some guy? Oh my god, did she get a boyfriend?" Loren asked eagerly.
"No. She has too much shit on her plate to do that. And my mom isn't a cougar."
"How young did he look?"
"I don't know. Like late 20s early 30s."
"Was he hot?"
"I didn't look at him for that long but when I did he wasn't ugly."
"I wonder what they're talking about..."
"You're so nosy." Tati scoffed.
"Can you hear them through the door?"

Tati walked closer to her bedroom door and pressed her ear to it.

"They're talking quietly. But I can tell his voice is really deep." she answered. "All I hear is deep mumbling every time he talks."
"Hot."
"You're a whore."
"It's been so long since I've gotten laid. I'm getting angsty." Loren stated.
"Right..." Tati replied mindlessly as she tried to listen harder.
"Like I need something to happen this weekend. But not just something. Like good dick. Not just missionary. I need to be FUCKED. I literally can't do this anymore."
Tati ignored her best friend as she could finally hear a sentence.

"You've got a week." Killian stated.
"A...A week? I...I can't get that much money in a week..." she scoffed.
Killian stood up. "A month would just make you owe me more. How can you gather sixty five grand if you couldn't get barely less than fifty?"
Denise didn't answer.
"I'll be back in a week. Don't disappoint me." He started walking towards the front door.
"C-Can I...p-pay it back in increments?" she asked softly.
"We're way past that, Denise. I need my money." He opened the door and walked out, shutting it behind himself.

Denise felt more tears rise and she held her face as she didn't know what to do.

Tati heard the door close.

"Loren, I'll call you back. He just left."
"Okay." Loren agreed.
Tati hung up and left her room.

She saw her mom pacing the living room.
"Mom?"
Denise flinched and stopped walking.
"What's wrong? Who was that?"
"He's um...just the landlord for the restaurant property." she lied. "I'm a bit behind but it's nothing terrible."
"I can pick up an extra shift."
"Wh-...When do you get paid...?" Denise asked.
"This Friday."
Denise hated to ask her daughter to take up a shift but she didn't know how else they'd earn the money quick enough.
She nodded.
She also grabbed her phone to see if there was any job she could take up to help.

~•~

"We'll be back in a week." Killian told his goons as they rode in the car back to the office.
"Yes, sir."
"With all due respect, sir...Will your uncle be okay that we didn't get the money today?"
"If we got the rest from everybody else, he'll make do with waiting a few more days for one more person. If the rest didn't get what they were supposed to, I'll kill 'em myself." he threatened.

The goons in the front seats were just glad they weren't a part of that threat.

The men arrived back at their office building and Killian went to find his uncle.

They were holding a meeting in one of the boardrooms.

Killian walked in and the men looked at the door.
They wouldn't comment on his tardiness. He didn't have to attend the meeting and also he was Killian...no one would scold him aside from his uncle. They had too much common sense.

"Construction has begun for a new building. It'll be done within six months." said Teo.
"We wanted to make sure the layout was to your liking before it gets too far. You'll also be contacted in regards to interior." Dorian stated and passed the blueprint to their boss.
"Get a decorator, I don't have time for that shit." Doc replied.
"Yes, sir."
Doc looked at the blueprints for the building.

"I thought I told you I wanted a gate with a code?" he stated.
Dorian looked at the paper. "Yes, sir, you did. Word must've not traveled far enough. We'll get that situated quickly."
Doc didn't respond and just stared back at the blueprints.
"I want a code on the door too."
"A number code?"
"Hand. I don't want any asshole gettin' in here that ain't supposed to be."
"Yes, sir."
Doc slid the paper back to Dorian.

"Now that that's settled..." Hugo spoke up. "We need to discuss your political effect. Politicians are asking you to side with them in the upcoming elections. They say they're willing to do whatever it takes but some of their goals in office might go against our best interest."
"Schedule times for me to meet with them individually. How many are there?" Doc asked as he stared at the desk and tapped his pen.
"Only three."
Doc nodded.

"Did they all come back with the money?" Killian asked and all of the men looked at him.
"We're missing three that are still out there. The rest are counting the money downstairs in the lounge. Go make sure they don't take nothin'." Doc instructed.
Killian got up.
"Kil." Doc called.
His nephew looked at him.
"That woman give you what she owe?"
"I gave her a week. If she doesn't have it by then, I sell her restaurant. You'll make double."
Doc didn't argue. Killian walked off.

"I thought you wanted it by tomorrow?" Silas asked.
"The boy's good at business. If he didn't get it by when I asked, it means he's got a plan in mind. The rest of those assholes got rocks for brains. Can't think right. They owe me when I tell them they owe me. Kil can do as he pleases 'cause I know he won't fuck me up."
The rest of the men understood and carried on about the business.

Killian made it downstairs to the lounge. Some of the men played pool while the rest smoked their cigars and counted the money like they were supposed to. They all looked at him when he entered.

"Which of you are you gonna look for the girls?" Killian asked. He went behind the bar to look for a specific brand of whiskey.
"All of us." Kolson responded. "Told us to go find attractive women to parade around in underwear. That's the best instructions we've had in years."
The men cheered and laughed.
"You helpin', Kil?" asked Kanan.
Killian took the bottle off the shelf and a glass. "Wouldn't hurt." he sighed.

He took out a large ice cube then poured his drink.

Like any heterosexual man with a working penis, Killian loved women. 'Round ass, suckable nipples, pretty pussy, and full lips' was what he always said was his type. He liked the sassy ones. The ones with fire. He hated anybody that was easy to push around. He'd always gotten a kick out of the kind of woman that would slap him across the face. He's got enough people around him that are afraid of him, he likes women that'll stare him in his eyes and feed him a curse word or two. Something different from what he's used to.
Makes his pants tight.