Chapter 34: Just Wondering

The two began putting their groceries in the trunk of the car after they finished shopping.

Tati stared into the trunk. "Do you think that's enough?"
"What did I tell you?"
She rolled her eyes.
"And I don't approve that extra shit you grabbed either. There's some stuff in there that isn't an ingredient."
"It's literally just wax strips and a mouthwash brand I like."
Killian ignored her and closed the trunk then walked to his side of the car.
"And my favorite bodywash...and candy..." she murmured on her way to the passenger side.

The two rode out of the parking lot.
"So what do you want today?" she asked.
"What?"
"To eat."
"Can you grill a steak?"
She turned and looked at him.
"No?" he asked.
"I didn't buy steak."
"I have it in my freezer. Can you do it or not?"
"Oh...yea."
"That's what I want."
"Side dish?"
"Doesn't matter."
"Okay."

The ride went silent.

"Are you a dessert maker?" he asked.
"Um...I do pretty well. I didn't buy any ingredients for a dessert though."
"Why not?"
"Look at yourself and tell me if you look like the type to eat a fucking cheesecake." she argued.
"I love cheesecake."
She was stunned. "You like desserts?"
"Yes."
She snickered.
He looked at her for a second only to see her giggling and staring out the window.
"How is that funny?" he asked.
"What kind of desserts do you like?"
"I'm not answering that because you're laughing."
"I'm not making fun of you!" she laughed. "God, you're so sensitive. It's just..." she snickered. "Precious."
He ignored her.
"Do you like cupcakes?" she smiled.
He refrained from saying yes although it was the truth.
"I'm taking your silence as a yes."
"You piss me off."
"I'll make you cupcakes at some point."
He didn't answer.
"Is there a flavor you don't like?"
He stayed quiet.

Tati looked out of the windshield.

"Lemon." he replied.
She looked at him.
"I hate lemon cake."
She tried to keep her snicker down. "I'll remember that."

They made it to the keypad outside the gate and Killian entered the code.

"I've never been anywhere as nice as your house." Tati admitted as she watched them drive closer to it.
"You need to get out more."
"I know but I couldn't."
"You couldn't go anywhere else?"
"You've seen my house. You've seen my car. You know my mom had to get a loan. I had a job. There wasn't enough money for me to do anything but go to work and go back home." Tati explained.
"Mm."

The car parked and the two of them got out. Killian went to the door to unlock it and Tati waited for him to open the trunk.

"Hey!" she yelled.
He looked at her and opened the door.
She gestured at the trunk.
He leaned against the doorframe.
"Open it." she commanded.
He didn't do anything.
"Open the trunk!" she yelled. "It's locked!"
"Ask nicely." he stated.
She stared at him. "Are you serious?"
"Don't you have raw meat in there?" he mocked.
She sighed. "Please open the trunk."
He took his key then unlocked the trunk.
"Thank you." she said as it opened then began grabbing bags.

"Do you want help?" he asked as she walked it inside.
"No, I got it."
"Is that wine?" he noticed.
"I cook with wine. It's good in pasta dishes. I'm not trying to get you drunk." She rolled her eyes and went back to get the last couple of bags.
He watched her leave.

Unbeknownst to Tati, Killian never dropped the habit of glancing at her backside when she walked in front of him. She still only wore shorts and tank tops so everything was constantly 'in his face all the time' as he called it. He just purposely averted his eyes whenever she was about to catch him. He didn't let it be obvious anymore. But while they were in the grocery store, he walked behind her and saw her bend over and crouch down so many times that it made his pants tight. Since the two had a silent agreement to try to stop pissing one another off, he didn't let her know that.

She came in with the last two bags then shut the door.

"I think for a side I want parsley potatoes..." she said as she began putting cold items into the fridge.
Killian kept his eyes on her.
Her words started to fade off. He stared at her legs and ass as she walked around his kitchen placing everything where it belonged. Her skin looked smooth and she looked like a hug from her felt like heaven. Her face was pretty too. He didn't only admire her body. It's just hard to stare at someone's face without them noticing. He liked her eyes. The prettiest shape in a beautiful color. Yea there were other people with the same colored eyes but at the same time...it wasn't the same. And her lips. When they kissed he didn't get enough so he asked for another and still he wanted more. Her lips were so soft and full. For it to have been her first time he'd argue she was the best kiss he'd had. Not necessarily because of skill but because it left him wanting more each time. Plus she was a quick learner.

He knew she was partially right about calling him a slut. Did he have as many companions as she assumed he did? No. But he was one to ogle and grope given the opportunity. He wasn't mad that she said it. Really he was mad that she knew and it wasn't working in his favor for the first time ever.
He meant it when he said he didn't sleep with virgins. Sometimes the women with experience taught him something new and he liked that. But when it came to Tati...if she agreed he wouldn't say no. He'd throw her onto the nearest surface and be hard to stop.

"Did you hear what I said?" Tati asked as she threw away the last bag.
"You are so beautiful." he stated.
She froze. Genuinely confused.

Her eyes glanced around everywhere while she stood not knowing what to say.

"I'm not trying to fuck you. I just wanted to get it off my chest." he admitted truthfully.
She still refrained from looking at him. "Thanks..."
"What'd you say?"
"Hm?"
"Earlier. When you were putting everything away." He sipped his water.
"Oh...side dishes. I was saying would you prefer parsley potatoes or maybe some kind of pasta or something..." she said with eyes on the floor.
"It doesn't matter. If you make potatoes you gotta make something else with it."
"Why?" she asked and finally looked up at him.
"I eat more than that. You make pasta then I can just give myself a bigger serving. Potatoes, especially those baby potatoes you bought, isn't gonna be enough."
"Great, you eat like a bear." she rolled her eyes.
"You eat like a rabbit." he countered.
"Shut up."

"Who taught you how to cook?" Killian asked as Tati began to gather her materials.
"My mom. And she was taught by my grandfather. My family owns a restaurant, it's kind of hard to not know how to cook."
"Right."
"And your parents never taught you? Have you just been rich since birth with cooks or something?"
"My parents died when I was four."
Tati froze still facing the counter and shut her eyes tightly in regret for even talking.

"I'm sorry..." she said and turned around to face him.
"For what?"
"Bringing it up."
He didn't care.
She faced her materials again to prepare the meal.

"You might want to eat something before I finish this. I plan on having this be dinner, and there's a lot of time before that."
"Where's your dad?" Killian asked randomly.
Tati licked the inside of her cheek. "I don't know."
"Hm."
"How'd your parents die?" she asked since she assumed it was just uncomfortable question day.
"Murdered."
Fucking hell... she thought.
"Oh."