Chapter 66: Groceries

Tati opened her eyes and saw Killian laying beside her with an arm around her waist.

She attempted to sit up to get out of the bed but was quickly pulled back down and wrapped in arms to her surprise.
"Where are you going, hm?" he asked. He kissed the back of her neck.
"I thought you would've wanted me out by now. You usually leave when you wake up..." she stated.
"I've gotten used to you being here when I open my eyes." His lips trailed to her shoulder. "You don't have anywhere to be."
"Aren't you skipping your workout?" she wondered.
"I can go later this evening. Shut up and lay here."
She snickered and stayed down.

Killian's hand lifted under her shirt. It held her bare waist and stomach while he kept his eyes closed with his body pressed against hers.

"Great day for morning sex." He smirked.
"Shut up, asshole."
He chuckled. "I like testing my limits."
"I've noticed."
They laid quietly a little longer.

"Maybe one day..." she agreed quietly.
"I know."
"What do you mean you kno-...?!"
His hand covered her mouth and he just buried kisses into her cheek. "Don't argue with me. Just know we agree."
She nodded.
"Come here." He gently pulled her to roll over and lay on top of him.

The two took a deep breath while laying in the immensely comfortable king size bed under his soft comforter.

"Are you just trying to get me to try out as many sexual things as possible?" she wondered.
"The intention isn't for you to try them out. I just like the intimacy."
"Then go do it with-..."
"With you."
She stayed quiet.
"If I wanted to do it with someone else, I'd be over there. You're the one I want to touch."
"Aren't you getting a bit romantic?"
"You think it's romantic?"
"I don't know...isn't it? Preferring me for the intimacy seems...intimate."
"Maybe. Or maybe it's vanity and I don't think anyone else will be as beautiful in bed as you are."
She laid there quietly.
"Either or." he stated.
They both thought about it.

"Personal question." he began. "Is there someone else you'd rather sleep with?"
"No."
"Why?"
"I'm comfortable with you. You're the only one I'm used to letting see and feel my body. And I don't want that list to get too long. It's still special to me."
Killian laid there listening with his eyes closed.
"You probably don't want to hear that since you believe virgins get too attached."
He didn't answer.
"But I had to be honest."
"I know." he replied.
They laid in silence again.

But this time the silence was an awkward one.

"I'm alright with you getting attached." he stated.
"Why? And that's a personal question so I want honesty."
"Because I like you."
She opened her eyes. "Like...as in..."
"Yes."
She didn't respond.
"I've told you that already." he stated.
"Yea, but I thought it was only because you wanted to sleep with me."
"No. But that's part of it. I do often want to lay you in bed. Have my hands running all over your body. I wanna watch you get wet because of me. I want you to look at me with that eagerness in your eyes. I wanna slide in. And I wanna thrust. Until your pretty body shivers under me."
Tati stared blankly with wide eyes. Her heart beat harder after each add on.

"But I'm also just attracted to you as a person. There's something about you that makes my heart race."
She smiled softly to herself but made sure he couldn't see it.

"You need groceries don't you?" he asked.
"Yea."
"I'll take you in a few minutes."
"Why not now?" she wondered.
"I need to feel you on me longer." he answered truthfully.

He hadn't wanted to tell her his feelings but the rules were the rules and he didn't feel any embarrassment now that she knew. He just felt a little weird that it was what he was feeling. He never really considered letting someone be attached to him. Or him being attached to someone else. It felt odd.

~•~

The two sat in Killian's car as he pulled into the store parking lot.

There wasn't much talking on the ride there. But it also wasn't awkward either. Just silently in thought. Thoughts they didn't want to share.

They got out to walk inside and Tati grabbed the cart.
"I don't know how long I'll be. If you want to, you can just roam around while I grab everything. I'm sure you don't want to be here."
Killian's phone began to ring.
He looked at the contact and saw it was his uncle.
"I'll take this and then look for you when I'm done." he stated.
"Okay." She nodded and walked off.

"Hello?" Killian answered as he stood by the entrance of the large store, watching the shoppers.
"Where are you?" Doc asked.
"The store."
"The store? You're grocery shopping? Are you a fuckin' housewife?"
Killian sighed. "What do you need?"
"I heard you looked for Drake yesterday..." Doc began.

Tati rolled down an aisle and began looking for all of her ingredients.
She had multiple dessert and dinner ideas that she could remember and hoped she wouldn't forget an ingredient since she didn't have a phone to search.

"I don't remember this store having so many options for just one thing." someone said next to her.
She looked and saw a guy staring at the shelves next to his cart.
"Yea..." she agreed to be nice.
"Think they're trying to rob us?" he asked her.
She scoffed. "How would they be doing that?"
"Make it hard to choose with so many options. So they get you to buy more than one."
She snickered. "That's ridiculous."
"See you say that now but I've seen it before."
She just sighed and tried to ignore him.
"You're a skeptic. That's fine." he stated.
The two looked back at the shelves. "I just think they could find a better way to get more money."
"That's what they want you to think." he argued.
"Right..." she said sarcastically.
"That sounded sarcastic."
"Good."
"Harsh." he snickered.
"Sorry. I'm sure you have a point in your assessment."
"Now you're just toying with me."
She laughed and grabbed the brand she wanted.
"You mean to tell me you could make a decision in all this?" he questioned.
"Yes." she replied.
"Wow. You've got strong will."
She giggled. "I think you're just dramatic, sir."
"Sir? I'm 25, how old did you think I was?"
"It wasn't about age. I just don't know you."
"Well, my name's Corey."
"Cool." she nodded.

She crouched down to look for something else.

"And you are...?" he asked.
"Looking for powdered sugar." she said as she scanned.
"No, I meant what's your name." he chuckled.
She found it and stood back up.

"She doesn't have one." said a voice from neither one of them while a hand gently slid to the front of Tati's throat.

Corey looked at the large man that appeared behind her, dressed in a tie-less suit and tattoos on his neck and visible hand. His eyes widened while Killian's dark blue eyes pierced through him.
Killian kept his eyes in Corey's while his lips grazed against Tati's ear. "Is he bothering you?" The hand in his pocket toyed with his switchblade.
Corey's heart was racing and he didn't know why but he was engulfed in fear. He was breathing heavily like he could feel he was about to lose his life.
"No..." Tati answered.
Killian's gaze relaxed and he stood up straight. His hand let Tati free and he smiled. "Hi." he greeted Corey.

Corey swallowed nervously and darted his eyes away. He quickly grabbed whatever he needed from the shelf then pushed his cart and walked off.

"You made him nervous." she turned and told him.
"He made me nervous." Killian rebutted.
She squinted like she didn't believe him.
"I didn't know who he was. What if he was planning to hurt you?"
"Don't you think that's a little dramatic?"
"Of course not. Look at you, you attract the wrong crowd."
"You're right." she said and rolled her cart off.
He thought on it. "It felt like you meant something by that." he said and followed.
"You're right again."
"Where are you going?" he asked while she kept walking.
"Away from the wrong crowd."
He chuckled and licked his bottom lip. "Come on, baby, don't act like that." He smirked with hands slid back in his pockets.