Chapter 11: Silence

Mitch poured Killian a glass of the expensive whiskey he had on the table. He faced Kanan.
"I'm fine." Kanan replied.
"Shame. It's a great liquor." Mitch said and sipped all of his to sell it.
He placed the glass down and looked back at Killian. Killian sat there man spreading with one arm on the back of the couch.

"What do you want, Mitch?" he asked.
"I see the big guy couldn't make it."
"I'm the big guy." Killian corrected.
"My apologies." Mitch chuckled.
Killian didn't respond.
"So...as you probably know, elections are coming up." Mitch began to explain. "I'd like you guys to be on my side."

Killian stared at the glass of whiskey. He had no intention on drinking it unless he watched Mitch pour the same bottle into his own glass and drink it.

"Sell it."
"Well, I know you helped President Johnson."
Killian looked at him. "That make you obligated?"
"No, no, that's not what I'm saying it's just...my policies are more aligned to help you than his were. He had ideas but nothing he could get past congress. I, however, am favored by Congress. I worked in it for seven years before I decided to run for presidency. Anything you want to happen, can happen. Anything you want done for you and your guys, I can make a reality. I just need you to help me get into office."

Mitch poured himself a glass with the same liquor he poured into Killian's. Then he finished it all.

Killian watched.

"What are some changes you want made?" Mitch asked. "Hm? Tax fraud related? Business owner related? I want you to know that we would be in this together."
Killian took his glass and finished it all. It was strong.
"There we go." Mitch smiled. He grabbed the bottle and began pouring more inside of his and Killian's glasses. "So what do you say?"
Killian stared at the table. "You remember that Johnson was assassinated, correct?"
"Yes, of course."
"And you're also aware that there is an ongoing search for the assailant and who is behind the assassination. Along with a bounty on three heads of the top gangs in the country."
"I knew they were looking for the assailant but...I didn't know anything about the gangs."
"Right."
Mitch sipped his drink.

Killian saw his hand shaking.

"Mitch, I'm gonna leave this room." Killian stated and finished the second glass. "You're not gonna contact us again." He looked into Mitch's eyes and Mitch flinched.
He nodded.

Both Killian and Kanan stood up. They began walking towards the door and left the room, closing it behind them.

"Fuck..." Mitch huffed.
"What now?" asked his bodyguard on the right.
"I don't know."
"Congressman?" called his earpiece. "Are you alright?"
"I'm fine. He left, but he didn't give me anything we could use."
The man in his earpiece sighed.

Killian and Kanan got into the car. He watched the pool cleaning van as the car drove off.

"What happened?" Silas asked.
"He was wearing a wire." Killian stated. "They brought him in on the investigation to figure out who assassinated Johnson and they think it was one of the top three gangs in the country."
"But...wasn't he helping us?"
Killian smacked the side of Silas's neck with the back of his hand. Silas winced. "That don't mean we help them track down the other two. Or tell them that it wasn't us. You some kinda idiot?"
"Sorry." Silas said and kept driving.

"Won't they find us suspicious now?" Kanan asked.
"I don't fear getting caught. One of you is gonna go into Mitch's house tonight and you're gonna deal with him."
"Yes, sir." Kanan agreed.
They continued on their ride.

"Uh...Sir..." Silas called.
Killian looked at him through the rear view mirror.
"The guys were wonderin'...in the lounge we got at club 2...there's no server. They're tired of having to get up to fix drinks."
Killian looked at Kanan. "That right?"
Kanan was mad Silas brought it up while he was there. "Yes, sir..." he agreed.
"Mm."
Killian thought to himself.

~•~

Someone knocked on Tati's door.

"Time to get dressed!" he yelled and walked off. Killian gave them orders to not walk in anymore when he's not there.

Tati rolled her eyes and sat up off of the floor. She looked at the clothes on her bed.

"This is such bullshit." She laid back down on the floor.

Is he gonna kick my ass if I don't get dressed? No. Fuck him. You don't get to take me against my will and then make me work to earn you money. I'm not a fucking slave.

She stared at the ceiling.

It was all she could do in a locked room with no phone for hours and hours at a time.

Is this how people get schizophrenia? she thought.

She heard someone beginning to unlock the door but she didn't even attempt to get up.

Killian walked in and saw her laying there.

"You're supposed to be getting dressed." he told her.
"Fuck you."

He shut the door behind himself and Tati picked her head up, hoping he'd left. Instead he was inside staring at her.

"What?" she asked.
"1..." he began.
"Oh you're gonna count? What're you my mother?"
She laid back down.
"2..."
"I don't care." she stated and continued looking at the ceiling.
"3." Killian started walking over to Tati and she quickly got off of the floor. By the time she'd stood up, the two were an inch apart, face to face with one another.

She stared in his eyes and he stared in hers. Shocked that she didn't flinch yet again. It was like she could turn it on and off. But he knew she was still afraid of him. Or else she wouldn't have gotten up.

She took a deep breath and walked away from him and to the clothes on her bed. "I can't change if you're in here." she said as she began rummaging through the bag.

Killian turned around to head out of her room. He shut the door but stood in front of it. He'd give her one minute to get dressed.

Tati found a matching set of red lingerie. It was a lacey bra with panties to match and a thigh band with a metal heart on the front.
She stripped out of her tank and shorts then slid it on.
She wondered how they knew her size. Until she looked through the bag that held all of it and saw it was all in different sizes. She just got lucky with her pick. Luckily majority of them were the right size with a few that were too small or too big.

She rummaged through a bag she got earlier that day which held jackets and sweatpants. She quickly slid that on and by the time Killian opened the door again, she was done sliding her pants all the way on.

"What are you wearing?" he asked.
"Relax. It's under this." she explained. "I wasn't walking in naked. That's weird as fuck."
Killian didn't comment.
"You didn't get me any shoes." she stated.
"There are shoes there for you to choose from." He held the door open wider for her to leave and she shoved her hands into her hoodie pocket and led the way.
Killian followed behind.

"Why do I have to do this? Couldn't you have just let me rot away in that creepy ass room?" she asked.
"Because you'd make me good money."
Tati scowled as the elevator finally opened.
"Why doesn't that room have decorations anyway? No window, no painting, no mirror, nothing."
"'Cause it ain't a hotel. It's there if they can't drive home or don't feel like it."
"You have a bunch of them in here?"
He nodded once.
"Hm."

Then she questioned why she was talking to him. She vowed to be silent starting now.