Chapter 61: Here's What I Think

The cue ball bounced off of the table and Tati covered her mouth with her hand in shock as it fell onto the floor.
Killian chuckled. "You hit the bottom of the ball instead of the center. Aim matters."
"This game is fucking hard!" she whined and went to pick up the ball.
"Yea, quit pouting and put the ball on the table."
She rolled her eyes and placed the cue ball down.

Killian had already made all of his balls in so Tati's were the only ones still left on the table. Luckily she'd made in two already.

She looked at all of the options she had left. None of them were easy shots. She decided she'd try to get in the solid blue ball.

"Hard shot. Is that a good angle?" Killian asked her.
"I don't know." she said and looked at him.
"Look at it."
She looked at it. "I think so."
"Then bend over."
She felt her heart pound then looked back at him. "Why did you say it like that?"
"Would you prefer please bend over?" he smiled teasingly.
She sighed and focused back on her game.

She pulled the cue stick back to prepare to launch it forward as she judged her angle.
Killian just stared at her ass in its shorts.
She pushed the stick forward and watched the cue ball roll into the solid blue ball.
The ball went in.
She gasped excitedly and jumped up and down only because of how hard of a shot it was.
Killian stared more with his tongue licking the inside of his cheek.
She turned around to see him and he lifted his eyes.
"IT WENT IN!" she yelled.
He licked his lips with his eyes in hers. "Good, baby."
She looked back at the table happily to see which she'd aim for next.

Her phone alarm went off.

She turned it off then went to Killian and grabbed his hand. She rushed them up the stairs.
"Why?" he asked as he followed.
"They're done!"

They made it upstairs and she hurried around the house towards the kitchen. He followed her with his hands in his pockets.

Tati grabbed her mitts after turning off the oven then opened it to remove the pan.

Killian leaned his shoulder against the large fridge with one ankle crossed in front of the other while he watched.

She stared excitedly at how pretty her cookies had come out.
She placed the pan on the counter then looked at Killian who was looking at her already.
"Doesn't it make the house smell so nice?!" she asked.
"Yes, it does."
"Okay, they're a little hot now, obviously, but in like thirty seconds you can have one. They're so good, I swear."
He snickered. "I believe you."

She stared at the pan as if it would make it cool any faster.

"Tati." Killian called.
"Hm?" She looked at him.
Cute... he thought. Sometimes he doesn't want anything. He just likes being able to call her it. "You look pretty."
She looked back at the cookies to avoid his gaze. "Thank you..." she replied shyly.
He just stared.

He wondered if every time he complimented her, did she just assume it was him trying to sleep with her or did she finally accept that he just thinks she's beautiful? He hopes it's the latter. He believes she's one of the most beautiful women he'd ever laid his eyes on and thought what were the odds that he met her and even slept with her?
Then he remembered he was Killian Cermak who believes everything in the universe falls in his favor so of course he easily runs into a gorgeous woman that's exactly his type that he has the pleasure of sleeping with. Why wouldn't he?

"Okay, I think they should be cooled enough to eat." She took out a spatula and went back to the pan to start scraping one off.
She held it at him and he took it.
He could feel it was warm.
He sniffed it.
"Nothing in it but chocolate chip cookie ingredients. I promise." she stated.
He took a bite.
"Do you want milk?" she asked.
He looked at the cookie with furrowed brows.
"What?" she asked nervously.
He took another bite.
"What? What is it?!" she asked and walked closer to him. "Does it taste like I'm missing something? I've made these since I was nine, I shouldn't be missing anything...!" she panicked.
"Calm down." he stated. "It's good."
"Oh..."
He ate the last bite.
She thought it was funny that every time he liked the food he was eating, he had a face of confusion.

She took one off the pan and ate it herself.

She smiled happily and did a little dance side to side.
"They're perfect!" she said and took another bite.
He chuckled.
"I was extremely exact with the ingredients. I wanted to make sure they were great or else I'd be embarrassed." She took another bite.
"Well they're good." he assured her.
She nodded and ate the last bite.

She started scooping them up to put away in a container.

Killian walked over to her.

Tati felt hands wrap around her waist.
She froze.
"You gave me permission but you're still shocked every time I do it." he stated.
"I'm not used to it yet."
His hands felt her waist. "You will be."
Her shirt lifted just so he could touch her bare skin.
"Why are you doing this?" she asked softly.
"You said I could." he answered. "And your skin is soft." One hand left and went to her inner thigh. He held it and squeezed. "And I like the feeling of you in my arms." he said into her neck. "And the reaction you have when I touch you." His arm wrapped around her waist while the other hand caressed her thigh.
His lips kissed the base of her neck.
She was tense but not because she hated it, just because...
He chuckled. "Am I making you nervous?"
Yes.
"No..." she answered.
"Then relax."
"I am."
His hands went back to her waist. "No, you aren't."
"Yes I am."
"I think I know what will make you less nervous when I touch you."
"What?"
He smiled fondly that she'd admitted she was nervous.
"If you sleep with me without alcohol in your system." he offered.
She just stood there.
"We've been at the least tipsy each time. I think you need to be fully indulged. Grasp my hands groping your body and my lips against you. I wonder how mind numbing you'd feel around me if I was sober and could really give you my full attention." He kissed her jaw then her neck again.
Tati thought about his words.

"You can..." she permitted.
"You don't sound that certain." he chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm not forcing anything to happen tonight. But the next time it does, we should only be drunk on each other. Yea?"
She nodded.
"Words, baby."
"Yea..." Tati spoke up.
"Good." He kissed her cheek then took another cookie and headed to his room. "Goodnight, Tati." he said.
"Good night..." she replied.

He walked up the stairs and she just stood there and took a deep breath.

She took a cookie and ate it as well.
"What have I done to myself?" she asked as she chewed.

She put the rest of the cookies away before heading to her bedroom.