𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

ℝ𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣 ℙ𝕙𝕠𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕩

I was sitting at the coffee shop, staring into space, lost in my own thoughts. I had been dating River for a few months now, but lately, I had been distracted by work and other things. As I sat there, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see River standing there, a mischievous grin on his face.

"What are you up to?" he asked, his bright blue eyes sparkling.

I shrugged, not really in the mood for small talk.

"Come on," he said, grabbing my hand. "Let's go for a walk."

I reluctantly got up from my seat and followed him out into the crisp fall air. We walked in silence for a few minutes, the leaves crunching under our feet. I couldn't help but feel a little annoyed. I had work to do, and I didn't have time for this.

Suddenly, River stopped and turned to me. "You know," he said, "I've been thinking a lot about us lately."

I raised an eyebrow, surprised by his sudden seriousness.

"I know you've been busy," he continued, "but I just wanted to remind you that I'm here. I care about you, and I want to be a part of your life."

I felt a pang of guilt. He was right. I had been neglecting him, taking him for granted. I looked up at him, really looked at him, and realized how lucky I was to have him in my life.

"I'm sorry," I said, taking his hand. "You're right. I've been so caught up in my own stuff that I haven't been paying attention to you."

He grinned, pulling me into a hug. "It's okay," he said. "I forgive you."

We stood there for a few moments, just holding each other. And in that moment, I knew that I was exactly where I was supposed to be. With River, the one who always got my attention, no matter what.

ℂ𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕪 ℍ𝕒𝕚𝕞

I was sitting at the coffee shop, lost in my thoughts. My mind was wandering, thinking about work, family, and life in general. I didn't notice Corey come in and sit across from me until he cleared his throat.

I looked up and saw him sitting there, a small smile on his face. He had a cup of coffee in his hand and was looking at me with those beautiful blue eyes. I smiled back at him but went back to my thoughts.

Corey leaned forward and placed his hand over mine. "Hey, what's going on in that pretty head of yours?" he asked, his voice soft and gentle.

I shrugged and tried to pull my hand away, but he held it tighter. "Nothing, just thinking," I replied.

Corey leaned back in his chair and took a sip of his coffee. "You know I hate when you shut me out," he said, his voice a little more forceful now.

I looked up at him, surprised by his sudden change in tone. "I'm not shutting you out," I said, defensively.

Corey raised an eyebrow and leaned forward again. "Really? Because it feels like you are. You haven't been paying me any attention lately," he said, his voice low and serious.

I sighed and looked down at my lap, feeling guilty. He was right, I had been so caught up in my own thoughts that I hadn't been giving him the attention he deserved.

"I'm sorry," I said, finally looking back up at him. "I've just been so busy with work and everything else going on."

Corey smiled and squeezed my hand. "It's okay, I understand. But just remember, I'm always here for you. You don't have to go through everything alone," he said, his voice full of love and support.