𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝕤𝕞𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘

ℝ𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣 ℙ𝕙𝕠𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕩

I was livid when I caught my daughter Savannah smoking. My husband River Phoenix and I had always been clear about our expectations and the consequences of smoking. We had warned her about the health risks and the negative impact it could have on her life.

When I saw her with a cigarette in hand, I felt a surge of anger. I immediately called out to River to come and see what was going on. He rushed over, and we both stood there in disbelief.

"What the hell is going on here, Savannah?" I shouted.

"I'm just smoking, Mom. It's not a big deal," she replied, blowing smoke in my face.

"Not a big deal? Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how dangerous this is?" River chimed in.

"I don't care. I just wanted to try it," Savannah answered, flicking the ash off her cigarette.

"You don't care? You should care! You're putting your health at risk, and you're disrespecting us," I said, my voice rising.

"I'm not disrespecting you. I'm just doing what I want," Savannah retorted.

"That's it. You're grounded. No phone, no computer, no going out with friends," River said firmly.

"You can't do that!" Savannah protested.

"We just did. You're not leaving this house until you understand the gravity of what you've done," I added.

The argument continued for what felt like hours. Savannah was angry and unyielding, and we were upset and disappointed. Eventually, she begrudgingly agreed to follow our rules and quit smoking. It was a tough lesson for all of us, but it was one that needed to be learned.

ℂ𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕪 ℍ𝕒𝕚𝕞

I never thought I would be the type of parent to have a screaming match with my child, but that's exactly what happened when my husband Corey and I caught our son Noah smoking. I was beyond pissed off.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Corey and I had just returned from a night out and we could smell the smoke as soon as we walked in the door. We followed our noses to Noah's room and sure enough, there he was with a cigarette in his hand.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I screamed at him.

Noah looked up at us, startled and immediately tried to hide the cigarette behind his back. "I'm not doing anything," he said, his voice shaking.

"Don't you lie to us!" Corey yelled. "We can smell the smoke all the way down the hall."

Noah tried to argue back, but before he could get a word out, I cut him off. "Do you have any idea how dangerous smoking is? It's disgusting and it's going to kill you!"

Noah rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath. That's when Corey really lost it. "You think this is funny? You think it's cool to smoke? You're grounded for a month!"

It was a screaming match that lasted for what felt like hours. I couldn't believe my son had been sneaking around and smoking behind our backs. It was a complete betrayal of our trust.

In the end, we were able to calm down and have a more rational conversation with Noah about the dangers of smoking. But that initial confrontation was something I'll never forget.

ℂ𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕪 𝔽𝕖𝕝𝕕𝕞𝕒𝕟

I was sitting in the living room browsing through my phone when I noticed a strange smell wafting through the air. It didn't take long for me to realize what it was. I quickly got up and followed the scent to the back porch. And there she was, my daughter Brianna, smoking a cigarette.