8

Five days seemed like forever, yes, but he hoped that she would give him her answer. He also thought that he was sinking too low for waiting every day, he didn't want to seem desperate or obsessed, but he needed to know now, to know if he was wasting his time. And no, he wouldn't get to the point where someone would describe him with such adjectives.

When he got home from work, the first thing he did was open his laptop and wait. Maybe that didn't help, but he didn't want to lose her. Years ago, few women would have approached him, and it's not like he would ever be the first to talk to them, he didn't do it with anyone. When they did, after a short time they walked away, he knew that he was also to blame. A school life with a few passing friends, the other teenagers went out with the prettiest and most popular girls. When any of them had the intention of approaching him, he had the perception that they only did it because of his physical appearance rather than because they really liked him, his personality, since they never got to have a conversation that would make them get to know each other better while all they would say was how pretty his eyes were. There was no connection, nothing genuine or enjoyable. It never led to anything. But, in those years he had other concerns.

The university was not so different, it could even be said that it was worse, since from the beginning he didn't know anyone there, until Chris showed up. He was practically his salvation, taking him to parties and introducing him to girls. With whom he was able to have casual sex for the first time with one or the other, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. It's just for the experience, he told himself. It was only then that he was able to enjoy something of "university life". Not that he was much amused by that environment, but it added something more interesting to the daily routine of going to class, studying, coming home, and studying again.

Obviously, both of them were no longer at that pace, there were more responsibilities, but Chris did go out from time to time, maybe his friend would never change. Bradley had to admit that his life currently wasn't as fun as he thought it would be, but he had faith that it would change in time.

PING!

Automatically she saw Stefani write something, his heart pounding with fear and anticipation.

Stef1234.xo:

hey

Chris.C90:

hey

No, too fast.

Stef1234.xo:

oh you are here

Chris.C90:

Yeah

So...

Stef1234.xo:

wait, is it really you?

Chris.C90:

Yes Stefani, I know you dressed up as Bowie and Springsteen.

Stef1234.xo:

ok, well, i've been thinking, and i really like you and i had a great time

it was difficult to believe you, but I kind of do, maybe i'm being stupid or maybe it was an accident and that, but that's exactly what i want to change

Chris.C90:

What are you talking about?

He felt afraid.