17

—I'm so sorry, please Stefani —Chris implored from the phone.

—Oh! And now you answer!

—I had too much work, I couldn't even touch my cell phone.

—Chris, you made me walk for an hour and a half in that mall for nothing!

—It won't happen again, I'm so sorry, these days have been difficult at the office, I didn't want you to have a bad time —she noticed him sad.

—You wouldn't have accepted me if you were going to be busy.

—Yes, I know, I'll make it up to you, it wasn't my intention.

Stefani sighed —Hmm...

—Saturday, come Saturday after lunch, not so late please, it's dangerous. I will be free, for you, seriously, sorry, I couldn't control anything. Come on, please —she waited a few seconds. She knew how the work could be.

—Okay, right...and Chris...

—Yeah?

—Don't send Bradley to spy on me again.

—Stefani, it's for your safety-

—Bye —she hung up and went to take a bath to relax, with the latest event hanging around her head.

--------------

Bradley was finishing his last set of sit-ups until Chris told him to open the door.

—Chris, when is the damn time you open the door?!? —Bradley opened and saw Stefani —Ouh —he muttered in astonishment, the worst thing is that Chris never let him know when she was coming —I-I wasn't referring to you.

—Yes, of course —she entered Bradley's side, he rolled his eyes, she was in that mood again.

—Hold her there for a few seconds! —Chris was heard from his room.

—What? — Stefani stopped.

—You heard —Bradley went to the kitchen and looked for a rag to dry the sweat. Stefani wanted to walk down the hallway.

—Uh...no —Bradley interjected. He didn't know what was going on as well, but he thought there was a good reason behind why Chris didn't want her to come in to his bedroom.

—Are you really that obedient? Like a pet —she mocked moving to the side to sneak up on Bradley in the hallway, but he quickly read her idea and stuck to the wall, causing their shoulders to collide and her to grunt in exasperation —Ugh, don't tell me he pays you for this too.

—You know what? Yes, he does —Bradley murmured close to her, annoyed by the nickname and she glared at him with annoyance.

—10 seconds! —Chris continued. Stefani didn't know what was happening.

—Hurry up Chris! I don't have all the time —Bradley spoke loudly so that Chris could hear him from his room.

—Oh, come on Brad, what do you have to do?

—Run.

—Right now!?

—Yes, the sun is already hiding – while they were talking Stefani returned to the living room and approached the movie collection —Hey, careful —he saw how she wanted to touch a DVD.

—Do you think I'm going to break a thick case like this? —she pointed to one of the films.

—It's a valuable collection —she preferred to observe the collection instead of having him watching over her, again.