29

This chapter was in limbo between being calm and short or being chaotic and long. After much thought this came out. It DID end up extremely long, but it doesn't necessarily mean the other, well... enjoy!

---

—Chris, are there people in the living room? —Bradley opened the door to his room just as he felt his friend walk by.

—Uh...n-no? —Chris hesitated.

—The light is on —Bradley pointed with his head —and there was laughter earlier, I really don't care if your friends came, I just want you to let me know so I don't leave here —he pointed to his room.

—Hey calm down, stay there for a while, I'll call you in a few minutes.

—For? Unless you buy dinner, otherwise, I don't want to be bothered.

—Hurry up Chris, Martin is going to finish the bottle by himself! —was heard from the kitchen.

—Isn't that Max's voice? —Bradley frowned.

—All right, well, we're celebrating your birthday, just a little thing, they came to join us.

—What? How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to-?

—I know, but come on! Just one drink, we have guests and we need the birthday boy — Bradley rolled his eyes and the doorbell rang, he barely turned and Chris had already gone to open the door.

He would recognize those legs anywhere, those same ones he watched enter the apartment, until his guess was correct when the full body walked in, she, in a nice blouse, dark shorts and loose hair, greeting Chris with a hug. She here? Of course, Chris had surely invited her, and she probably didn't even know the reason and it was better that way. He wondered if she would see him from the dark passageway, but after closing the door she turned and watched him. Freezing was his body's only option, and even more so when he saw her walking directly towards him.

—Hi —she said softly when she arrived in front of him, looking at her was his only answer, she looked beautiful —Why didn't you tell me that yesterday was your birthday? —she leaned closer to him to speak in a low voice, but it sounded like a whisper that screamed.

Well, she knows. Chris.

—I didn't think it was necessary. It doesn't matter.

—Why? I could have done something and... what do you mean it doesn't matter? It must have been a special day for you, not like... yesterday, you know, not even like today —she grimaced.

—Let it go... —he said with a crestfallen head and shook his head —anyway... I spent it with you... —he mumbled the last words, shrugging his shoulders. And that was enough.

In the realization that he had said that made him want to be swallowed up by the floor. It was honestly what he thought. But as she said, some things were better kept to himself. He was about to go into his room and not come out until the next day until he heard her.

—Oh —he looked up, which since he said that he had kept on the floor. And seeing her cheeks with a pink hue, her eyebrows slightly raised, and her twinkling eyes made him stop regretting his words and maybe, think about saying more things like that to her, causing that in her made him feel good. Still, it wasn't easy to do. Maybe she thought it was cute instead of embarrassing and ridiculous —that's sweet.

It was amazing to think about the different perspective each person had on topics.

—Brad, Stefani! Come here! —Chris called out to them.