18

—Help...

When the same man this time approached her neck with more determination, she closed her eyes, expecting the worst, but she only heard a thud of a body falling to the ground, opened her eyes to see a figure kicking the man who was approaching now on the ground, while the others in the group went to attack back.

—Get away! —she recognized the voice that was now shouting at her, backing away slowly, still in shock.

Bradley.

...

When he went out at great speed to look for her with his motorcycle, he could see nothing in the dark night and the dim light from the poles. He knew that the streets were very dangerous for everyone at this hour, even he wouldn't do it alone. When he reached the nearest bar, the blood drained from his face when he heard Stefani's screams. His anger rose again when he saw her cornered by the drunken men. Adding now to the desperation.

...

He managed to hit another drunk, luckily the alcohol made their movements clumsier,but they still had strength, he noticed when two of them punched him in theback and chest. One came up behind him, grabbing him by squeezing his arm around Bradley's neck. He coughed from lack of breath, Stefani watched the fight without knowing what to do, she couldn't move, her body was just shaking. Then she saw that Bradley managed to elbow the last man in the abdomen and let go of him. He stayed on his knees breathing in and out, trembling a little with nerves and fear.

Without spending many seconds, he stopped waiting for himself to calm down and went to Stefani, grabbed her arm and helped her get on the motorcycle. She didn't protest and clung tight to him. Bradley was still trying to calm himself as the air hit his face. The situation had put him under intense stress and tension, apart from the fact that his body ached from the blows and the wound still on his arm. When they got to Stefani's building, he was the first to get off the bike and stopped in front of her.

—Are you okay? —Obviously she's not okay you idiot, he regretted the question and touched her arm, she was also trembling and breathing with a lost look, swollen eyes and tears dried by the wind. When it seems that she realized that he was touching her, she immediately moved away from his touch. He got scared —Stefani, it's me, Bradley, I've taken you home, I just...I just want to help, I'm not going to do anything bad to you. I'm going to help you get off the motorbike... okay?

She took a deep breath and looked into his eyes, showing understanding, softness. Much different from the anger of several minutes ago. She just nodded shakily. Bradley took her hand carefully and she got off the vehicle. He took her to the elevator and stayed in the same position in silence. When Stefani opened the door to her apartment, she felt the grip on their hands loosen, instinctively she squeezed him.

—Just... —she murmured.

—Eh...I'll leave you here uh...I guess...so that you... —he didn't know what to say —you'll be calm.

Stefani looked around her empty dark apartment. Her mind replayed the scary images. She shook her head shaking.

—Please...—Bradley gave her his attention, worried —I don't want...— she shook her head —t-to be alone —she said in a barely audible voice. With an effort Bradley heard her and understood.

They entered the living room and he took her to the living room couch, just at that moment the intertwining of their hands broke. She curled up hugging her knees. Bradley didn't know what to do right now, he looked around and went to the kitchen to serve her water. She accepted with a shy and looked at nothing again, he just sat next to her, giving her space, waiting for her to calm down.