26

She wanted to kiss me.

No, that doesn't count, idiot.

He sighed as he rested on the couch. It was frustrating that every intimate moment between them had happened at times when they were too overwhelmed or only when one or both of them had been drunk. Neither he was able to really take it seriously. As much as he deep down he did have the intentions in those moments. Maybe the way it happened he would change, but it was too late to think about that.

Still, he woke up in good spirits. That lasted until he went to his room and didn't find what he expected.

—Chris! —Bradley shouted from his room.

—Please Bradley, would you stop shouting and come over to where I am like decent people? —Chris also shouted from the dining room. Bradley went over to him.

—Where did you leave the clothes that were in my dresser?

—I didn't move anything —Chris kept his eyes on his laptop as he typed.

—Don't lie, a few hours ago it was there and I left for a while and now it's gone!

—Wait, you mean the laundry I did you the favor of dropping off at the laundromat? Because if that's what you mean, you know where it is.

—What? —Bradley put his hands to his head —but there were clean T-shirts in there!

—You didn't say anything!

—Because I had gone outside for a while.

—And what were you doing outside? —Chris raised an eyebrow —I didn't see you leave the building all this morning.

—Oh shut up, I didn't ask you to take my clothes to the laundry.

—Thanks a lot buddy, you're great, that's what I was hoping you'd say —he said sarcastically.

—Maybe I would have said it if you had warned me —Bradley snorted, turning around.

—You can wear any other T-shirt.

—All the exercise ones were there, with any other I'll be a wet mess —Bradley walked toward his room with heavy steps.

It was the last day of the promotion at that gym, really a great discount, and he didn't want to miss it, not having gone to one in a while. But he also wanted to look good, as it was a very popular and sophisticated one. He came up with an idea to solve the problem...he hesitated at first, thought it through, and then went for the motorbike and decided to do it.

---------

—Thank you Polly, that's very kind of you, we are working hard, has Ellie said anything to you about going to the ceremony? In a few weeks the invitations will start to be made —Stefani picked up the folders that she had placed on the coffee table in her living room.

—Yes, she told me she'll be there, don't worry —she smiled —And how is everything going?

—Well, all good, at least my boss has gone on a trip for a while and everything seems to be calmer.

—Oh how nice, and with you?

—With me? —Stefani frowned in confusion —I guess I'm fine, I'm happy about the project and all. The usual, you know. Do I look bad?

—No! Not at all, you look great, you often radiate joy, and that's contagious, but sometimes you don't, and I'm not saying you always have to be like that, but at times I feel, I don't know... tense?

—Yes, she is! —Natali appeared from the passageway and then disappeared through the bathroom.

—Natali, stop it! —she shouted, then she turned to her friend —no, I don't know, it's normal in my position, I want everything to go well, the job is like that and I have to learn to deal with it.