20

Stefani went back to having small dates with Chris in what they could of their tight times, they would go out for a walk, restaurants or each other's house to watch a movie, although these times she chose, comedies in the majority of cases, but of the good ones. She didn't want to go through the same thing as the other time.

Every time Chris got closer to her, and Stefani noticed it, more affectionate actions and kisses. It didn't bother her, well sometimes, when they were in excess. The good thing is that these times he rented or borrowed a car from his friends, after what she told him, he proposed to always accompany her.

As for Bradley, it seems he took it literally when she told him to forget about everything, even when she didn't say exactly that. She was an unknown soul to him now, just as if they had never met or spoken to each other. He was never there when she went to the apartment, and when those little coincidences happened, he just looked away and went into his room.

This hurt her, why deny it, after that night she thought that the relationship between them would change, a nicer and friendlier one. She told him she didn't want it to be awkward, he agreed, and the environment really wasn't, but only because there was never really a chance for them to be in a room. How funny. Stefani didn't understand it, beginning to think that he was uncomfortable with the situation, maybe he wasn't able to see her again because of what happened between them. This was making her regret it. But she was having a great time with Chris, and didn't want anything to take away from that feeling.

—Chris, it's a great project, wow, they'll love it —Stefani exclaimed impressed. he finally told her what he was working on, a new project for another promotion in his job.

—I know, if it's successful the boss will consider me for a bigger project.

—You'll make it —Stefani smiled and got up from the chair to hug him.

—Oh shit! —Bradley was heard from his room. Stefani looked at Chris concerned.

—Something happened?

—Don't worry, he's been like this all week —Stefani nodded —they fired him from his job.

—They he what!? —she said surprised.

—Well, I think he quit, I don't remember, but he's going around like crazy hitting his backpacks, I already told him to join a gym, but as you heard, no work no money —Chris shrugged. She just nodded a little worried, she understood that situation, losing a job when you always have bills to pay was horrible, that stressful feeling when you're in the middle of nowhere, desperate to find a position, to be useful. She was in her thoughts continuing to hug Chris until the doorbell rang. They went to open it.

—Oh, wow wow who do we have! —Chris exclaimed excitedly when he opened the door —It's the beautiful Iris — Stefani poked her head out from behind Chris' back, she wouldn't deny that she didn't like that Chris is calling every girl he sees that. She looked at her, although Iris sure was beautiful. Likewise, Stefani was sticking to her stance on those comments.

—Oh, stop it Chris —Iris replied blushing —hi Stefani — she greeted her with her huge light blue eyes with greenish tones fixed in her. Stefani just nodded in greeting, lowering her gaze.

—Are you coming to see Bradley? —even Chris seemed more excited than her.

—No, well yes, he forgot his hat the other time —Iris raised the garment.

—Oh, better give it yourself, go over there in the corridor, in the last room. He stepped back for her to pass —Bradley, you have visitors! —Chris yelled. Stefani just saw the situation too confused. What I missed.